decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Did You Place a Bet?

 Those of you who know me would probably be winning their bets about now. Was there ever any question as to when I would be rushing my autumn decor? I really didn't plan it. I just woke up on Thursday and it was too hot to do anything outside and I didn't have any brilliant ideas for inside...except for bringing in autumn. And, as usually happens, before I even knew what was happening, things were coming down and there was no going back! I actually managed to get almost all of it done-take down, put away and put up-in two days...which turned out to be a good thing as I received a surprise visit on Friday afternoon from daughter #3 and her kids. They came by to fill me in on their first week of the new school year. Everyone likes their teachers and their classes so I'm hoping it will be a good year for all!

And so, I am ready to start the 2021 autumn tour. I'll try to take it slow so that I don't run out of blog content but, since all of the stores are getting in their fall merchandise and every blog is over flowing with fall craft ideas, I am hoping that I soon have a long to-do list again. Don't get me wrong. I always have a to-do list...just not one with things I want to-do. Lol

Welcome. Can you feel the crisp in the air?

I just saw where my local nursery has gotten in their mums. As soon as I can get there, the porch urns will be swapped out and I will be one step closer to believing that autumn is really on its way!


I'm still loving my burlap leaf door hanger.


Don't the chippiness, rust and colors of this vignette just make you swoon? Lol



I found this leaf candelabra many years ago at Z Gallerie.

And, I found this one at a local design shop.

A blogger that I follow posted this picture a long time ago of a church she happened upon near her home. She made it "printable" so I down loaded it and printed it on photo paper and am so glad I did because I love to look at it. The small leaf dish was made by a grand child a long time ago from air dry clay and a leaf as a mold.




Can you tell I really loved those leaf candle holders when I found them? I bought all three different ones they had. You'll see the last of the group in my next post.




So that is the beginning of this year's tour. I'm not sure when I'll be back. I have a pretty busy week ahead...several appointments, a friend coming by for the day and the start of my grandson's football season. Let the fun begin! Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment