decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 29, 2021

Time to Dine

Today is looking like another kind of laid back day before the new week begins so I thought we might as well head into the dining room before I head off to find other projects.

I don't know if it is just because I love fall decorating so much or some other reason but this is one of the few times I like the way the niche looks.

Even though I am not at all good when flower arranging of any kind is involved, I'm pretty happy with the way the dough bowl looks. Of course, there really isn't much "arranging" involved but I'm proud of the way I "stuck in" the flower stems. Lol Definitely takes a knack and finesse. LOL!!! I also love that I can use some of my old jugs from days gone by. When my house was more country, these jugs stayed out all of the time. Now, for some reason, they just seem right to be to be out for autumn. I also love the "circle of strength" cross stitch that I made for my parents years ago and came back to me after their deaths. 

I didn't go back and reshoot all of the pictures but I thought I would throw in a reminder of the autumn leaf tweak.

Every time I look at a picture from this end of the room, I question if I could use that loveseat space in a better way. But then, I have family/friends over and I realize just how very often that seat is full. I actually even find myself sitting there for a quick minute several times a day as well. Guess it is safe for awhile longer.


So that is the dining room for this year...until it's not. Nothing is ever totally free from possible tweaks until it is actually coming down to make room for the next decor. I do have a dentist appointment tomorrow and then plan on running some errands while I'm out, so you never know what I might happen upon. Fingers crossed I can find some pretty pots of fresh mums! Stay safe and stay tuned.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment