decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 2, 2021

We Better Finish Up!

I'm thinking we had better finish up the late summer decor tour rather quickly because the pull to get out my autumn decor is becoming stronger and stronger. I actually had to distract myself this morning or it might have started today. But, grand daughter #5 has a birthday on Wednesday. We will do a family celebration on that day so daughter #1 is probably coming into town. And, since Presley is having a friends' party on Thursday, she is coming to spend the day with me and we are going to concoct some decorations of her choosing. I have been told that she doesn't want a theme...just the colors turquoise and pale yellow to prevail. Not sure what we will come up with but I know she probably already has her ideas and I know we will have fun! 

I had a surprise visit from my brother and sister-in-law again yesterday. There were some loose ends from their last visit...that I was fine with...but that they wanted to wrap up. Thanks to them, I now have an SD card in my new phone and a perfectly straight blade on the new miter saw they gifted to me! It is so nice to know that there is someone...or two...who always has your back!

And so, let's head into the family room. I think it is the last room to go. It has a few changes from last year but not too many. See if you can spot them.










Wow! There are not many times that I am totally speechless...but this is one. I really don't think there is any explanation about the pictures. It is all pretty straight forward...just sunflowers and the citrusy color scheme. I do love this room at night because between all of the timer candles and the twinkle lights on the mantle, the glow is very pretty and gives me just a hint of the seasons to come. Stay safe and stay tuned.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment