decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Out I Went

What with the heat still pounding on us and the virus everywhere you turn, I really haven't been heading out much these days. All I can say is that it is a good thing that I can find so many ways to keep myself busy around my house. For once I am happy that I have a never ending to-do list.

But, occasionally, I do require some things that mean a trip away from home...like food. lol And so, with that in mind, I set out the other day and decided to do as many little stops as I could handle. It seems that I desperately needed a Clinique visit so, for only the second time since Covid began, I headed to our mall. I figured while I was there, I might as well load up on my favorite seasonal hand soaps and candles as well. Then, I was off to Home Goods, Target, Old Navy, Chicos and finally Publix. I definitely knew that I am out of "shopping shape". I used to be able to shop all day long. Maybe it is the heat or maybe it is just that I am getting older but these few stops wore me out. I didn't find any of the "big" things I was looking for but I did manage to find a few more autumn things to add to the already cluttered autumn decor I have going on.

Can one ever have too many leaves? I truly do not need any more leaves but, when I find some that are well made and look a little real, I always grab them. These came from the Magnolia section of Target. I really had no preconceived idea of where they would go but I like the pop of color added to the canister of twigs. If I see anywhere else they might go, I can always move them later. 


Then, for whatever reason, I was drawn to some small velvet pumpkins in the Target $ Spot. The first thing I thought was "I have to redo those horrible stems". But, when I brought them home and put them in the small dough bowl on my kitchen window sill, I just loved the way the stems mimicked the ones on the pumpkin can and, since there is also gold on that label, I was suddenly good with that tacky gold...go figure! It might change at some point but, for now, I'm liking it.



And, of course, if I spy orange tulips, they have to come home with me as well!


So, with my "travels" behind me, I was once again looking for something to do. I am not much of the "farm truck" kind of gal but I do enjoy them when they're full of seasonal things. I happened upon a free image that I downloaded of a truck full of pumpkins and leaves and, even though I knew it would be another of those "not my favorite" kind of craft, I decided to give it a try. And, with no new motivation coming to me, I decided to grab another piece of fence slat and try the tissue paper image again.


I pretty much followed the things I did on the Halloween one. I painted the wood with several colors of orange chalk paint and then decided that I should probably top them with white chalk paint. I did that mostly because I knew I wouldn't be able to cut too closely to the image...especially the wording...and was afraid the white tissue would show against the darker colors.


Then, I ModPodged the image on to the board and was still underwhelmed. I decided to see if I might have some small artificial leaves that I could add to give it a bit of dimension. And, I did. I actually found quite a lot to choose from but, in the end, I used some clear acrylic stickers that I had. They definitely help...just not quite enough to knock this craft into the "I love it" category but, enough to at least find a place to sit it. lol


It actually looks like it might have been made for just this spot as that pumpkin in the back of the truck looks suspiciously like the one on the shelf. Am I trying too hard to justify this craft? lol



So that is it for today. I'm off to tackle a few chores but I will be back. Stay safe and stay tuned.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment