decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 12, 2021

Zigs and Zags!

 You would think that in my long life, I would have learned not to "write things in ink". Lol Just when I make my complete list and think I have it all figured out, some new offer comes down the pike and has me going in a whole different direction. And that is just what happened last week.

I knew my week would be full of pressure washing, taking down and packing up Easter, putting out spring decor and a day of dentist and errands. That took me to the weekend...where I had inked in rake as many leaves as my 6 garbage cans will hold, start pressure cleaning out front, mend loose nails in fencing and re-finish the pool slide. That all sounded doable and would put me in a good spot to start the rest of the list this week. Until, while sipping my second cup of Saturday coffee, I received a text from daughter #3 asking me if I would like to go with her to my grandson's track meet. It seems that on top of football and lacrosse, he has now taken up the discus throw and shot-put. This is all brand new to him but he is tall and strong and is doing really well. Since the meets are often and haphazard times, this would be my first. The weather was beautiful so, within 30 minutes I was on my way.

It seems that the discus, shot put and javelin are on a field as opposed to the track and things go pretty quickly and with a whole lot less fanfare and formality than the other sports he plays. We put our chairs in a lovely shady spot, had some friends join us and, before we knew it, he was done. He did really well again and he and his dad decided to stay for the actual track competitions while my daughter, grand daughter and I decided to head downtown to our favorite spot to have some lunch. 

The restaurant we love the most-although downtown has really kicked it up a notch and we have many nice places to choose from-is nestled in a kitchen shop and the chef is amazing. We had a long quiet lunch and then spent the rest of the afternoon ambling around downtown...and so went Saturday.

I figured I would just move all of my plans back by a day and hit the ground running on Sunday...but, Mother Nature had others thoughts on that. We had heavy rains all day long and, as sad as I was to not be tackling the things I had planned, I was happy for the rain. We needed it and my yard is bright and green again! And, honestly, I love a rainy Sunday. It is perfect for catching up on movies or reading...and that is exactly what I did.

And that brings us to today. The sun is out so I was finally able to start taking some spring decor photos and catch up on this blog. Hopefully when I get that done, I can move outside but we will see where the day takes me. Lucky for me, there is always another free day down the line. And, you know I won't complain because I love to stay busy and always have a project or two waiting...and, this time of the year, the project list is never quite caught up.

And so, with all of that being said, let's start our 2021 spring decor tour.



As I look at these pictures, I guess you could say the my color scheme is pretty much spring green with just a pop here and there of purple. I didn't really plan that. It just kind of worked out that way.

And I think I see some birds and nests sneaking in as well.

And, this is always when I get a chance to throw in all of my vintage garden elements that I have been buying for many years. I just love old, chippy pieces of houses, porches, etc.


I have two of the balustrade candle holders that I bought many years ago at a decorator's shop here in Ocala. I love them because the colors are all original but, when they cut them to make the holders, they left on a small piece and drilled a hole in it for taper candles. I really have never used a lot of taper candles so I have always very precariously balanced the larger cylinder candles on the top....for all of these years...until, it hit me as I was putting this here that I could just get out my new saw and lop off that little nub on top. Don't know why it took me so long to see that but... Lol Look how solidly that candle sits there now!








And this vignette holds another of my "delayed" aha moments. I bought the rusty metal fence piece many years ago at another decor shop in Dade City. I used to use it on the family room mantel. When I bought it, it was en-robed with a faux vine and, I loved it. But, as happens, after awhile I moved on and it just found a spot in the closet where it stayed for all of this time.

The faux vine is a very nice quality but I just never liked it on the fence all of these years...until the other day when I had to move it to get to something else and it hit me. Why not just take off the vine. Then at least I might be able to put the fence outside somewhere. And so I did just that. And then the color just screamed the color of the vignette in the living room. And, instead of outdoors, this is where it landed. Look how perfectly it goes with the plate! And, there will be more on that faux vine soon.

And, I know it is hard to see, but the nest under the cloche is almost exactly the same nest as printed on that botanical picture...serendipity!


So that is the living room for this year. I'll be back soon with more-unless I get a better offer. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment