decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Holy Pressure Cleaner Batman!

Spring has definitely sprung...everywhere but inside my house...which is still Easter...which, I guess, makes it fine for me to just be sharing my weekend pictures.

We have had the most glorious weather and, before we fly up into the high 80s, I wanted to get some of my spring outdoor chores checked off of my list. And, if you follow me, you know that I LOVE pressure cleaning. I will say, the older I am getting, the harder it is becoming. Mostly because the hoses and cords are so inflexible once the water starts going and the pressure builds. I have lots of little metal border fences, garden adornments, etc. and, if there is something the hoses or cords can catch on, they will!! And, it isn't such a simple maneuver to dislodge them. And, my back will start burning at about hour six...and yet, I continue to love this chore. Maybe it is because I get such immediate gratification!

The joke around here is that if the pressure cleaner is out, don't come visit-or, if you do, don't stand still. If you do, you are likely to get pressure cleaned.

Now, I know that I have started cleaning things that aren't supposed to be cleaned with pressure but, some of my stuff has just been around so long that it probably needs replacing any way. And so, if cleaning it makes it look better for just a bit longer, I'm all in.

But, that is just the reason that my cleaning takes so long. I pretty much clean everything! I've now got two days under my belt and I'm still in the back yard...but it is looking so good. We are having our family Christmas (FINALLY) the first weekend in May and I'm sure by then we will be spilling into the yard and oh, it will look so nice. Lol

ALL of that being said, let me share my weekend with you. Some of the gang arrived on Saturday and the rest rest on Sunday. Daughter #1 and her family still couldn't join us but they will be able to very soon. We are all counting the minutes.

The weather was perfect for outdoor egg decorating...and playing Easter MadLibs while we did.




I loved that I got a chance to set the table for a special meal.


My youngest grand daughter went shopping with me and we tried to find flowers in the colors that would match the bunny napkin we were using.

Everyone contributed to our Easter breakfast and we had eggs, cheesy hash brown casserole, all sorts of pastries, lots of fruit, bacon, sausage, and European Swiss cereal...and it was all delicious!


Then we squeezed in two birthday celebrations.




It turned out to be the most wonderful, peaceful (even though it is always chaotic-lol) few days with lots of catching up, laughing and love! I can't wait until our whole gang will be here for Christmas in May.

But now, while there is still some day light, I am off to do some work on my pool slide. I actually was going to have it removed until there was a thunderous vote of disapproval from my grand children, so that is out. The slide is so old that it CAN NO LONGER be cleaned...even with pressure and believe me, I have tried! Lol

And so, I thought about painting it and went and bought cans and cans of paint but then thought I should maybe try to sand off some of the stains before trying the paint. And, to my amazement, most of them came off-along with much of the fiber glass but, that is for another day.

I just decided that as long as I put on a mask, I would be fine sanding the slide and then applying a nice thick coat of paste wax. I tried a little spot and it looks pretty good-or, at least better than it has the last few years. And so, I am off to see how much I can get done before it gets dark-or the bats start flying...whichever comes first.

I'm not sure when the inside of my house will go from Easter to spring, but I'll be back to show you when it does. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment