decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, April 17, 2021

So Not Prepared for This!!

Well, it looks like we are in for a number of rainy days this week. I have a few things on my schedule already so I was really hoping that I would have this weekend to check off a few more outdoor chores...not going to happen. There are always still movies and books to wile away the day but, I am itching to do a craft I saw on a blog I follow. Unfortunately, I don't have the supplies I need. And, to make matters worse, they are not all available at a craft store...some of them come from Lowes and WalMart which would necessitate a multi stop trip out today...in the rain...and I am weighing whether I want to craft that badly. Right now I'm leaning towards "NO" so, I'm going to invite you into my dining room and see how I feel after that. Lol

The dining room is where the hints of purple start to creep back in. I am still loving these painted sap buckets that I found at one of my favorite decor shops in Dade City many, many years ago. I am finding as I comment on so many of my "favorites" that the majority of them have come from shops that were owned by interior designers. Unfortunately, so many of them have closed along the way. I could always count on them to carry unique items not found everywhere and I always found a treasure...or more...to bring home with me!

OK. What was I thinking? I think I have mentioned before that I always seem to have trouble decorating these shelves...but, I thought lately I must have been doing better because those haven't been standing out as much to me...until NOW! This is horrible. I just don't feel like doing a major do-over right now but I did do this...

I simply moved the vintage fence piece - that couldn't really be seen because it was green in front of green - up in front of the tan jar - which was just a beige shelf with nothing standing out - where it had a better visual contrast and even the little birds look a bit cuter.

Do you remember me taking the faux vine off of the iron gate that is now in the living room? I really was ready to throw it away but then I remembered that I had boxwood around this candle - and it looked a bit "Christmasy"...well, not any more! I don't know why silly little things like this make me so happy, but they do!



So that is it for this year's dining room. I'm still not motivated enough to head out in the rain, so we will see what I come up with. Stay safe and stay tuned.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment