decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 23, 2021

Spring, Spring...

...beautiful spring! After a few days of rain-which, by the way, brought the MOST beautiful lushness to my lawn and gardens-we are having picture perfect spring weather and I am trying to take advantage of every minute of it. I have been out most of the morning doing weeding and trimming and thought I would give myself a bit of a break before heading back out to get it all picked up and out to the street.

Let's take a look at this year's family room before I share my day from yesterday.





I love how the basket, flowers and hat mimic the bicycle decor from the metal sign.







You can always tell when a decor isn't my favorite because I never have much to say about it. As much as I love spring, the chance to use old garden decor and just the mostly green colors, spring is still not one of my favorite decorating themes. I always feel as if something just isn't quite right...that being said, this year it will be one of the decors that will be up the longest due to our early Easter, so I guess I better get used to it.

Now for my yesterday. My oldest grand son was in the district track and field playoffs down at the Villages Charter H.S. It is a gorgeous campus and their sports facilities are beautiful. And, to top it off, the weather was picture perfect-not a cloud in the sky and cool temperatures. It was a day you wish could go on for a very long time.

My brother, sister-in-law and I went down with Harrison because both my daughter and son-in-law had meetings they could not get out of. Harrison is pretty new to the track and field team so I too am new at how these things play out. Harrison does discus and shot put and they are done on the fields instead of on the track area. We were able to sit comfortably, thank goodness, because there is a lot of warm up and then many tiers with a number of boys in each one and they each get four tries. That is about all I know and I'm not even sure that's all correct. Lol

In any case, he is good at discus but not great so we were just happy with how well he did. He is better at shot put and was #1 for awhile and then slipped to #4 (which would have come with an invite to regionals) until the very LAST throw of the day when another boy's shot put went a centimeter farther. I think he would have like to have gone on but I also think he was very proud of himself for how well he did with his short time of coaching and practice. Everyone better watch out next year! Lol



So that was my fun and games for the week. I'm hoping to use today and the rest of the weekend to finish up some of the outside chores and then it will be time to plan for our "Christmas" visit next weekend...and then, I'm heading out of town with daughter #1 for a few weeks so, I will have lots to share. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment