decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 4, 2019

Another One Is In the Books

I just got home from nine days in St. Pete and what a wonderful time I had. I love to shop, eat out and decorate...so, when all of those things are combined in one, I am a very happy camper! My daughter is a decorator and had a number of client appointments while I was visiting so I tagged along. We went to designer showrooms that I have only dreamed of...more fabric, wallpaper, lighting, furniture, etc. than I have ever seen. I was in my glory. We hit Tampa and Hyde Park twice in the week. And, even though we were doing some business, we saved lots of time for pleasure as well.

Since Kris lives down there and has the opportunity to eat out often, she likes to try new places when I'm there...and the ones we picked did not disappoint. Plus, I got to visit a few of my faves-Pottery Barn, Ballard Design and Sur La Table-where I may have found a few treasures for myself. After all, when in Rome... Lol

Of course, the highlight of this trip is always Halloween in the Old Northeast Historic District where Kris lives. It is truly a scene out of a movie as the area comes to life! We took a walk earlier in the day to get a few pictures of other blocks as once the kiddos start arriving, we are pretty much on her block. We did run out of over 1000 pieces of candy a bit earlier than usual so we walked to a few parties and a haunted house. The Old Northeast never disappoints on Halloween!

My grand daughter bought Jasper a new costume this year and he left it all on all evening (there was a larger serape going down his back not visible here) except the sombrero although I will say he tolerated it longer than I thought he would.






Although we did not get to see this one at night, we did see a video someone posted and the space ships light up and lift off the ground...it was really a sight to behold!


















I have been hustling to get down the Halloween that was waiting for my return and get my Thanksgiving out. I am making strides but probably still have another two days to get myself all caught up. After that, I will be posting again and showing you some of the crafts I am going to try to fit in before the holidays. I love this time of the year.

Oh yes, I almost forgot the initial reason we all headed down-my grandson had a game in Clearwater on Friday night. My son-in-law and youngest grandson didn't come because they had an early game in Ocala the next day and three other grand daughters were tied up with school or work but those of us that did make it enjoyed spending the weekend together. Daughter #3 is taking the picture for us.


I am off to put away the stacks of Halloween decor sitting all over my house. Wish me luck and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment