decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 14, 2019

Whew!!

Whew, am I glad I didn't skip my Thanksgiving decor this year-although, truth be told, I don't think I ever could. But, it did cross my mind...ever so fleetingly! In any case, I just recently found out that I will be hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year. We will be missing daughter #3 and her family as they head off to be with my son-in-law's family and my brother and sister-in-law but the rest of the crew will be able to make it.

In the "old" days, I would already have had a menu, grocery list, list of serving pieces and dinnerware to be used and a centerpiece good to go. But, since we just realized how this would play out, we are taking the easy way out and ordering a complete meal from Cracker Barrel. Of course, we each have favorite side dishes and desserts so we will be adding them but it still looks like it is going to be easy peasy-just my kind of cooking. Lol

And then, the weekend will hold the big FL-FSU game. And, now that we actually have a family member at FSU, this will be a house divided kind of game- well, not really - but we will be kind to her. Looks like there are plans for a big tailgate before hand...should be a wonderful weekend.

So, let's go ahead into the dining room and sunroom today before the tables get opened up and the places get set. I still love my dining room table that we bought at the Habersham Plantation so many years ago. It is 3 pieces and opens up to a larger rectangular table and 2 half tables that can make one circular table or, the way we always use it, one super long table that can seat 12. Every time I look at this picture, I remember that we haven't finished altering the chair covers nor have I shortened the ties on the back. Maybe I should start some lists.


I am still loving this piece so much. Of course, there has been a large autumn display here ever since I got the table repaired and, I'm pretty sure there will be a large display of fresh greenery for Christmas. The dilemma comes when we get to Valentine's decor-not sure what it will be but since my eye is used to something large, something large it will have to be. Maybe bare branches with small hearts dangling---oh dear, I definitely digress. Way too soon to be thinking about that.



I hadn't used the box I made out of old wood for awhile, so I just filled it with my velvet pumpkins and stuck in some autumn berries. I was going to go back and tweak it but it hasn't bothered me, so it is what it is. Lol



 I can't believe that I didn't put the date on this piece. I know I did it before I started counted cross stitch because it was a printed cross stitch kit and once I started counted stitching, I never went back to the kits. So, definitely getting to be vintage for sure. I had it stuck away for so many years and then I came upon it and realized how perfect it would be for Thanksgiving.




Normally this sign is on the mantle or in the living room but, since I have changed things up a bit, I didn't have anywhere to sit it. Since I love it so much and this wall was empty from just taking down the witch sign from Halloween, I got a brainstorm and added some wire to the back so it could hang. I'm missing my new, round mirror but it will be back after Christmas, so I am OK with it.
 

And, as you can see, the sunroom is pretty simple. There are a few pillows you can't see but pretty much it is just leaves, a pumpkin and a pretty candle. I like keeping it easy to clear when a friendly game of RummiKub or Yahtzee or another puzzle comes out of the drawer.


We have a room or two to go but I'm off to change all of the guest room beds so I can get that off of my non-existent list. Guess even though I haven't written it all down, I am still a list kind of gal...in my head. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment