decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 14, 2019

Halloween Family Room

I actually have a bit of time today after my very busy but very fun weekend. Since we have a little of the tour left, I thought I would take you to one of my favorite rooms in the house today-the family room. I think I love this room so much because it is where I sit in the evenings so the candle glow is just so calming and, maybe most of all, it is where the majority of my family Halloween photos are. I do have pictures all over the house but the ones in here really take me down memory lane as I see the kiddos growing up right before my eyes and I remember all of the costumes I have made for them. I seem to spend a lot of time looking at these pictures several times a day.




I'm not sure why orange/rust colored battery candles are so hard to find. I found some last year at Lowes and headed straight back there this year to buy more only to find my stores don't have them. And then, somehow, I saw a FB ad for a set of my favorite Luminara candles. Even though these candles are a bit lot expensive, they are truly the ones that look the most real. I wasted no time ordering a set of six and as soon as they got here, I knew I wanted more. I headed right back to QVC and they were sold out...as well as some orange candles from Martha Stewart-which, I have never tried but since anything with her brand that I have purchased over the years always is very well made, I suspect these would be as well.

And so, it looks like I am out of luck this year but I will be the first one purchasing them if they get more next year! I can seriously sit and stare at these candles at night forever! And, no, I am not getting compensated by Luminara to say that. Lol








Do you see what keeps me so busy in this room? Not only are both sides of the entertainment center full of family photos but the corner shelf and the shelves next to the fireplace as well. So many memories...and every year we are still making more so that means more pictures and more frames. I am seriously running out of room. Guess I'll just have to build more shelves.



I don't know why I love that witch hat photo holder so much but it is truly one of my all time favorite crafts. I don't even know if you can still buy the supplies. The girls and I shaped the hats out of black, air dry clay. Before it hardened, we twisted up some copper wire and stuck it into the hat. When it was all dry, we added the ribbon band and star. It was just that easy but I love it!

 



This is my view at night. I truly never get enough of it!
 

So, that is this year's family room. Thanks for coming along! Just a bit more to share so stay tuned for the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment