decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, October 4, 2019

Finally Ready to Spook!

I know it is only October 4 but, in my world, I am a bit late with my Halloween decorating. I just need four uninterrupted days and this year, that has been hard to come by. I have been having fun so I don't mind but I am always so happy when Halloween is ready!

I had promised myself that I was going to cut back a bit this year but, somehow, that didn't happen. There are a few things moved around and a few new things so let's get started and see if you can find them.


I thought about leaving off the sign this year because it is just so heavy and needs a pretty deep hole dug but...Mother Nature gave me a nudge. It was cool and beautiful out there this morning so I figured I could live through it...and I did. I really love that sign. I saw it many, many years ago in a BH&G Halloween magazine. I ear marked it and looked at it for a number of years before I finally decided to pull the plug and get it made! I have a skeleton that I want to use with the sign but, since I forgot to get him down and the car is now back in the garage and the ladder put away, I will save that for another day.


For whatever reason, the door looked bare this year and I had this black garland left over from the family room that I haven't used for a few years. I also had some random strings of lights so I decided to give it a go. I think it will add some pretty color when lit at night.


And, of course, I couldn't leave out the eyeball doorbell. The kids love ringing that thing and watching the eye open and hearing it cackle!


Welcome to the entry way.


I still love the sign that I knocked off from Grandin Road. Their catalog has so many beautiful Halloween items for sale but they are rather pricey. I have bought some things that I know I can't copy but this was so simple that I couldn't help myself.





I love my gallery of Halloween past costume party pictures. This area right inside the front door is always a conversation starter!



This table houses some of our witch pictures...as well as her hat and shoes.




My pumpkin patch of pillows on the iron bench in the entry.











So that is the 2019 living room. I love this room at night when all of the lights are lit but I will say, it is a hard one to photograph because of all of that light as well as the sunlight and mirror reflections. Trust me when I say it truly glows orange and black once the sun goes down.

I have a lot more to share...as well as some of the things I am planning for next weekend when the "little" kids come for our traditional Halloween at Nana's. So many ideas...so little time. Lol Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment