decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Dining With "Friends"

Today we're moving into the dining room where we have lots of remembrances of dearly departed family and friends! And, if you look from just the right angle, you might see some of them coming to visit.


I love these hologram photos. Most of them were really inexpensive but came in flimsy, thin plastic frames. Since I am a bit of a frame hoarder, I simply popped them out of their original frames and into more substantial frames reminiscent of bygone days. It is hard to believe how often I find myself in front of this vignette moving my eyes back and forth so I can see my descendants moving back and forth from the earth to beyond...and yes, I might just have too much time on my hands! Lol


You have to look hard to see the little PB spiders dangling from the chandelier but they are there and, in the right light, cast larger shadows all over the walls.





The bar area is a little different this year because I have the wall sconces there now and no large lamp. I moved one of the spider lamps in and I like it here. I think I like it so much because it kind of balances with the dangling spider on the sign I made a few years back.





 Another spider lamp took up residence on the new "stone" console table. Even after putting it on a riser, it isn't quite as tall as I would like but it will do for now. I actually tried all sorts of other Halloween things on this table but, for some reason, I just love the feel of the urns here - my nod to a European vineyard feel I guess.



There is something about the angle I must use when I take this picture. Every year it looks to me like the sign is too high and then, when I head out to move it down, I realize it is eye height-my eye height which is really kind of short-so I leave it where it is. One less hole in the wall is fine with me. Lol


I still love this sign so much. It was a splurge from "The Barn" many years ago. It spoke to me then and it still does.


And, I chuckle each time I look at this pillow which was a gift from daughter #3 and her family. They said the pretty red hair made them think of me...I'm wondering if that is all about this pillow that reminds them of me...ha-ha.


So that is the dining room for this year. If I were to snap some pictures today, you would see the table beginning to get covered with supplies for this weekend's "Kids at Nana's" Halloween party. We will have to fit a football game smack dab into the middle of the day but daughter #2 is coming to help me out so I think between the two of us, we can get kids to and from where they need to be when they need to be and still fit in most of our traditions.

You know there will be many photo ops this weekend so I will be back with those and show you what fun things we ended up doing. I have been doing this for so many years, it is really hard to keep the ideas fresh and new but I think I have found just the right combination for this year! Stay tuned.









No comments:

Post a Comment