decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, June 23, 2023

Here We Go Again!

 So the final good-byes have been said-or, more accurately, sobbed and daughter #3 and her family are on their way to New London, CT to drop grandson #1 off at the U.S. Coast Guard Academy! He is ready for the world but I'm not sure the rest of the family is quite ready to let him go! The sad truth is that once you have given birth to a child, you are already beginning the long road to "good-bye". If you have done your job correctly, he/she will be ready to fly...and he is! This is not the first time I have done this. I said good-bye to my three girls and then my first four grand daughters. But, they were all going off rather close to home...and, I could call any time I wanted to hear his voice. This time is different. The U.S. military is involved and they kind of run the show. And so, Har will be incommunicado until September-sailing the ocean-on this!


I know he is in good hands...and so ready to take on so many new challenges...but, that is not making it any easier for this old Nana who has come so used to having him just a few minutes away for all these years. I have been lucky and I know it. And, I still have two more grands that close so the fun times will continue-they'll just be a bit quieter!

In any case, that leads me to this post. I have my grand dog here again and I was planning to start painting my sunroom ceiling today but, I woke up once again to an incredibly rough thunderstorm accompanied by LOTS of rain. Our city has been flooded for days and this didn't help. And, they're saying it will continue until Sunday so, I just decided it wasn't a good day to begin this job. Painting a ceiling is bad enough without the gloomy skies and rain looking in on me. And so, I'm at it again. I decided I needed another vintage image wreath-because, doesn't everyone. But, it will keep me busy and my mind off of how much I am thinking I am already missing Har! 

My next decor will be "summer" with all of my sunflowers so I had initially thought I would do a sunflower wreath but, even if I use different images including seed packets, in the end, they are all just sunflowers so I decided to hop back to autumn where I could add apples, Indian corn, pumpkins, leaves, etc.. Who knows, if this weather continues for longer than predicted, I just might go back and do a sunflower one too.

So this is where I am right now.

 

It's pretty much the same routine from here on out but I'll come back and share as I get to it. I will probably move some things around and then use those extra leaves to tuck into any blank spaces.

One last thing to share. My daughter had as much of the family as available to come over for one last shrimp boil (Har's request) dinner and lots more good-bye hugs. We didn't get everyone in this picture but this is what we got! It was a wonderful family evening just letting him know how proud we all are, how much we will miss him and just how very much he is loved!!


I'll be back tomorrow if all goes well with the wreath and I'll show you the finished product. Now I'm off to take Hazel out before the rain starts again. Stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment