decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

While Visions of Easter Bunnies...

When last I posted, I mentioned that I was off to make another wood tag, this time for Easter. I have come to like these little embellishments and seem to "need" one for every holiday. And, since I have so many blank shapes already cut, it is a very simple project...just enough of a project to keep me busy for awhile and somehow once I'm crafting, one thing always leads to another and before I know it, the day is over.

And so it was with this tag. It always starts with a gathering of supplies. I'm very seldom totally sure where I am going when I start so I tend to bring a bit more than I need or will use...so many options are always fun. In this case, I wasn't even sure of colors or how I would proceed.


Since I tend to use more natural things for my Easter decor with a pop of violet, I decided that I wanted a white bunny on a green tag. I decided the easiest way to do that was to paint the front of the tag white, cut out and adhere a ConTact paper bunny shape, paint over it all with green , remove the shape and, voila! This method works really well when painting small detailed things. I also had just about enough green and white chalk paint left to do the tag. There is something about the chalk paint finish that I like on these things. I like the Waverly brand of chalk paint better than any others I have found but can only find it at WalMart and, since I have literally not stepped foot into a WalMart in one year, pickins are getting low! Lol I just might have to get brave, mask up and make a quick trip soon.





This is usually where I sand again and then rub on some antique wax to distress a bit. For some reason, I decided to hold off on that step on this tag. Right now I am seeing it staying bright and fresh for the feeling of renewal that spring always brings...and, because I don't know where it will end up when I decorate. If it lands somewhere where I feel it needs distressing, I can always do that later. For now, I am keeping it clean. I also chose to use just green and violet ribbons on the tag. On looking back over last year's pictures, those are the colors I seem to use the most in my Easter decor. 


You can probably tell that I am getting antsy to take down Valentine's decor and move along. The problem is that my OCD self would never let me celebrate Valentine's Day if the house was decorated in any color other than red so, I will have to soldier on until next Monday...and then, all bets are off. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment