decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, September 28, 2024

It Only Takes a Spark

 I was involved in Girl Scouting for many, many years. First as a scout myself, then as a leader for my girls and then my grand daughters and then finally as a trainer on the council level...and, one of the songs we sang that always sticks in my brain once I hear it starts out "it only takes a spark to get a fire going...". That is what happened at my house this morning. The dogs and I went out to do some more "Helene" clean-up and then I came in and had a little bit of time before I needed to settle in and get the Academy football game pulled up...so, I came to my office and saw this:


This stuff had been sitting here since I made it all but, for some reason today, the colors got my attention and sent me off to "the cloud" to look back over last year's Halloween decor. And, just like that, this was happening!


I decided that tomorrow WOULD be the day and to solidify it a bit more, I decided to pull out some of the decor that gets stored in this room. There is another even larger Rubbermaid out of sight because it is too heavy to move. The things in these containers are pretty much everything that will go in the living room-which is just down the hall so I'm happy I finally came up with this idea-every step I can save in this large swap out is a good thing!

And, do you notice my furry friend? She and her brother (who is sitting in the living room staring out the front window-one of his favorite things to do ) will make moving fast a little tricky but if I don't get this show on the road I will be sorry! Keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to lug out my "Dead and Breakfast" sign and dig the deep hole again this year. It seems to get heavier and heavier and heavier each time I do it these days. Lol


So that is that! Once I get this far, there is no turning back. Now you know what I will be up to for awhile but I'll check in soon and let you know how things are going! Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment