decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, September 20, 2024

A Different Kind of Happy

 Those of you who know me know that I am the happiest when I have things to do-or, should I say, things that I "want" to do. I am a little low on craft ideas right now, so I have turned my attentions outside and am slowly getting little things off of the list. Today I headed out and hit WalMart-not a favorite but sometimes just a necessity-and Lowes. And, I am about as excited over these purchases as I am when the table is full of crafting supplies. In fact, some of the things from Lowes ARE craft supplies. 

Lowes finally got their paint stir sticks back in so I grabbed a few packages of each size. They can be used in a lot of ways and I like having them in my stash when I need them. Also, the black paint is for something for Halloween. And then there's the 1x8" piece of wood which will become the new legs for my plant bench that broke. 

I was happy to finally be able to find some mums. I'm hoping these will keep me through November. And then, I always need another pumpkin candle these days as well as some Starbucks pumpkin spice coffee. And, nothing "fun" about the Roundup but all of the walkways need to be de-weeded after so much rain.

And then I grabbed a 9' Christmas garland. I'm not sure I need it but it is kind of a nice one at a really good price so, before they get bought out, I grabbed it as well. I'm sure I can find some place for it to go. Lol

I know that is a mishmash of stuff but, it makes me so happy. It gives me many things to do this weekend and then maybe I'll start thinking of my Halloween decor next week. I will be busy but that's a good thing! We also have another Coast Guard Academy football game tomorrow-fingers crossed they can pull off a win without all of the "drama" of the last two weeks! Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment