decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Hurricane Preparedness!

I live in Central Florida...and so, Helene is COMING! At first it looked like we would just be in the "tropical storm" zone but the latest has her veering more to the right which will put us more into the full blown hurricane zone. Nobody really knows for sure because all kinds of things affect its movement but, since I live in an area that loses power for seemingly NO reason, any kind of wind will probably take it out...and, with the enormity and strength of this storm, it might be for awhile!

And so, I am getting prepared. As far as the outside is concerned, I did what I thought needed being done yesterday. That means taking down anything that could become a projectile and moving large urns, pots, etc. against the house. I chose not to move all of the pool furniture as I didn't think we would be getting sustained winds heavy enough to blow it all into the pool. But, now I am questioning that decision so after the next update, I might be out there doing just that but, for now, I am concentrating on keeping busy during a power outage. My sunroom is the lightest room in the house so, for me, it just makes sense to plan some things for out there. 

I have my books, some paper and pencils for writing some of my "My Story" stories that I am behind on and a deck of cards for Solitaire but, if you know me, I would rather be crafting And, as I have said, I really don't have any fabulous craft waiting in the wings so I am falling back on the busted canvases yet again. As I have said, they are really not my favorite but, since I have the supplies on hand I pulled them all out and I'm ready to go if necessary!


I chose two vintage images-one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas so that should keep me busy for a bit if necessary.

I'm actually off to make another big pot of my favorite Martha Stewart Vegetable Vermicelli soup. It's definitely a comfort food and probably what is needed right about now while we WAIT...not my favorite thing to do!

Daughter #3 and family got out of Florida on the last flight from Tampa last night and then stopped in D.C. They were thinking they might be sleeping in the airport for awhile but they finally made it to Hartford and then to there Airbnb in Mystic! This is Parent's Weekend at the Coast Guard Academy so I am thrilled that they were able to make it to spend some time with Harrison and see his football game. I'm a bit jealous that I'm not there instead of here but the dogs and I will hold down the fort and hopefully this will be over by tomorrow!

Wherever you are, stay safe and stay tuned! Oh, and if I'm not back in awhile you will know why...I'll be in the dark. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment