decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 10, 2023

Whew!!

 I don't know if it's just that I'm getting older or that this year's heat is extreme...or maybe a little of both-lol...but, this swap almost did me in! It is one of the "big" ones because everything that has been red, white or blue must now be changed to citrus colors and sunflowers! Nothing is safe from change. But, I persevered and am now done except for one little bit of packing up. With that being said, how about we start the tour!

The porch is simple and I was happy to be able to find the buttercups so I could fill the pots with the summer color.


I managed to change a few things along the way this year but as I think I've said before, "there is only so much one can do with sunflowers...or only so many sunflowers one house can hold"! And, I may be coming perilously close to those limits! Lol


Here's the picture that I got the other day on a really good sale. That being said, I am just not a "yellow" person and that bright frame is getting to me. I think it might just be a candidate for a make-over very soon.









So that is the living room for this year. I think everyone who knows me knows just how happy this swap makes me feel. I know it is still a million degrees outside but, once the sunflowers hit my house, the temperature inside seems to drop...mostly probably because I know that the next swap will take me to autumn leaves and pumpkins...and it will still probably be a million degrees outside but at least the end will be near! In case you haven't guessed by now, I am NOT a summer person. I love the beach and the pool and the flowers and all of that but I am not a fan of heat. I'll survive-I always do-but this year has been brutal and I find myself wishing my life away. Lol

That's it for now. I'm off to get the rest of the 4th of July stuff packed up but I'll be back. Stay safe and stay tuned.








No comments:

Post a Comment