decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 14, 2023

Happy Fri-Yay!

 As daughter #3 likes to say "Happy FriYay!" The older I get, the more and more I am adhering to that saying. Friday has always been a good day! Even when I was much younger and everyone in my house was super busy, one way or another Friday was a day to celebrate the end of the week.

Now that I am the age I am and every day is pretty much the same, I still look forward to my Fri-Yays. It is usually when I stop "things" earlier than usual, pour a glass of wine and chill. But, recently, I have been giving myself even more license. I've gotten to where as long as someone else isn't depending on me for something, I pretty much only do what I want all day Friday. Now, don't get me wrong-a lot of the time that involves chores-but, only if it is a chore I WANT to do. And, that is how today is playing out. There are still lots of things outside to be tackled-and, I might decide to get to them later today-but, the only things bothering me this morning were some trimming, edging and weeding out front so I am kind of doing what I did yesterday. I work until I can't breathe-I'm exaggerating a bit but the heat truly does almost take your breath away-and then I head in to do what I want.

I think I might be starting some Halloween crafting today also but before I do that I want to show you how the kitchen turned out. I really like it and am so glad I gave it a try. It is silly how a little $8 (I think) piece of wood can make me so happy. It really "cleans up" the kitchen-it makes it a bit more stream lined-not really more modern because that isn't my style but not as "fussy" maybe. I just love the way my eye goes from one piece of wood to the other. Nothing else was added but the valance but for whatever reason, my eye was missing a place up there to land before this. This truly makes the room complete. sigh

Starting with the very large wood riser/serving slab on the bar and going to the wall shelf, the pizza peel on the shelf, the small wood stool that holds the lamp, the small dough bowl on the ledge, the holder for soaps, small shelves on cabinets, valance, cutting boards, carpenter's box, corbels and more boards and risers-my eye follows the wood all around the room and makes it just seem right.

It was REALLY sunny when I took these pictures and the light in the kitchen from the skylight was giving me fits so, the pictures aren't great but I think you can see what I mean.



And, keeping with my current theme of doing what I want, how about we head into the dining room since I am already here with you.


I'm undecided about that April Cornell placemat under the pot on the shelf. It has all of the colors of the decor but still haven't decided if it will stay. We shall see.




I love that this decor let's me use so many of my olive jars, urns and pots. I just love the rustic feel that they add to the house. And, even though they're not necessarily my favorite, the dyed muslin sunflowers made their way into the decor once again-mostly because they just took so darn LONG to make that I'm not about to give up on them! And, they are so big that they DO make a bit of a statement...just not sure what they're saying. Lol

So that's it for today. Not sure when I'll be back. I have some fun things to do coming up but I won't forget you. Stay safe and stay tuned.





No comments:

Post a Comment