decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Big Times Are A'Comin'

At least my life is never dull. I had a wonderful day yesterday with an old friend and, as I was just beginning to think about what I would have on my list this weekend, I get a message from Daughter #3. The Coast Guard Academy changed a few plans and it looked like parents were going to be able to see their "swabs" this weekend...what? Of course, she wasn't going to miss that opportunity so tickets for her and her husband were purchased quickly. My other two grands wouldn't be included in this trip as they are already heading up to see him next weekend when he gets to NYC.

In any case, even though these two are in high school, it just seems like a bit too long and too far for them to stay home by themselves and so, they will be here with me-until they're not. Hud does have to do some work for a friend and P has a birthday party (and shopping for a present) on Saturday but, for the most part we will be a party of 3! 

I am not going to plan a lot as this is still their summer break and I know they enjoy just chilling but, I did make sure that I have some craft ideas on hand just in case. I think they want to have a few game challenges and I'm sure they will be in the pool if the weather holds out.

And so, I'm thinking I might show you the sunroom today because I probably won't be back until next week. Let's go.


As you can see, the sunroom is even more "minimalist" than usual-a jar of flowers and a sunflower pillow will have to do for now.

This was my present from the family's last trip to the Academy. I think it works perfectly in the sunroom because not only is this the room with the closest color scheme but, this is where the kids most often snuggle down and they always want something to snuggle with. Using an Academy throw will remind them of Harrison.


There are no holiday or seasonal photos in the TV unit...just good old family pictures to remind me of how quickly time is going!

And, while I was sitting at my computer, I spied some vintage labels that I had printed out-again, not sure why but I never used them. One of the sheets was in sepia tones and it reminded me of the brown bottles I recently found at HL. I bought them for the color but knew they could use a bit of a zhuzh and so, I put a bit more sepia on with some coffee stain, ripped one of the labels off the sheet and adhered it to one of the jars and, I think I like it!


Even though it was coffee stained, it wasn't grungy enough for me but, because my printer is an inkjet not laser, I was afraid to add any more coffee for fear of the whole thing washing away so, I did what I always do-I pulled out my Waverly antique wax and just grunged it up a bit. It's really a good thing for me that that is where my passion lies because even when I don't even try, most of my things turn out rumpled, faded, etc. lol Ah, so much better.

And, just like that, all is right with the world again. lol


Think I'd better go get some ducks in a row before I head over to get the kids and grand dog. Have a wonderful weekend, stay safe and stay tuned.









No comments:

Post a Comment