decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 7, 2023

I'm Back!

 I got back to town on Wednesday afternoon and then on Thursday, grand daughters #1and 5 and I headed downtown for lunch and then a walk around the area as grand daughter #1 hadn't been there for awhile and she wanted to see some of the things she remembers from her childhood when she would visit and we would take her around as well as some of the new things to hit the square that she has only heard of. It was such a lovely way to spend the day after such a wonderful almost week away and gave me a chance to postpone the inevitable...back to reality. Today was that day but it has been fun because I HAD to get to the grocery store so I figured while I was out, I would hit a few other places as well. Of course, Hobby Lobby was my first stop. I haven't been there in forever so this was my first chance to see the autumn things out and that always makes my heart happy.

I bought the dark bottles because I thought they could be out for late summer sunflower decor as well as autumn and Thanksgiving. I bought the long flowers to put in them...maybe. They're not arranged yet in these photos-I just had to see what they looked like. Then, I got the sunflower sign for 66% off so it came home with me too. I grabbed the mini sunflowers for the Mason jar I just painted.

Since there was such a good sale going on, I also grabbed some fiber-fill to make the witch stockings, a few canvases and my favorite paint brushes. The brushes were on clearance...usually $7.99 for $1.99! They only had 2 so I grabbed them quickly. Oh...look at that pumpkin cutting board. I think I may have one that I got at the Target $Spot last year but this one is really pretty and, in my house, one can never have too many cutting boards! Lol




I know this is going to be hard to believe but I hardly took any pictures while we were down in St. Pete at daughter #1's house. We did go out for a nice dinner one night but the rest of the time we mostly hung in or around her new pool and newly landscaped backyard. It is not quite done but we got to experience most of it and it was wonderful...so wonderful that we never really got picture worthy. Everyone stayed super casual and that was how we wanted it.

My brother did run a race on the morning of the 4th, we played some games and we had a lovely outdoor dinner one night as well as the typical 4th of July bar-b-que on Tuesday. And then that night, we lounged around the pool to watch whatever fireworks we could over the trees and homes in the neighborhood. We were all in a very much needed "relax" mode because it was hot and the heat just really takes a lot out of you. Of course, the kids had enough energy to head to the beach for a bit on the 4th while the rest of us stayed home and didn't move much more that required. Lol

Pictures are random and most are borrowed from my sister-in-law. The "unknown" face in the pool is a new boyfriend that we just met.


We were watching that moon every night.


My daughter has the perfect set-up...her house is to the right in this picture which you can't see-the French doors on the left lead to her office and the upstairs of that building is her carriage house apartment which has been rented from the minute she finished renovating it.




Caitlin made us a special dessert.

I did manage to persuade these two to do a picture or two after our lunch and shopping.


 

So now it is Friday afternoon and for some reason, I think I am going to head into the kitchen and do some cooking before calling it a day. Plans for tomorrow include starting the swap to late summer decor...and you know I can't wait because once the sunflowers appear, can autumn leaves and pumpkins be far behind? Stay safe and stay tuned.

P.S. Very soon after I finished my post, I went out to my mailbox and look what was waiting for me! Be still my heart!!! Maybe there IS an end in sight...somewhere...way down the road...but, there never-the-less! Lol 






No comments:

Post a Comment