decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

And On We Go!

So, I made it through another holiday and, as so often happens, I got a last minute invite for a little celebration. When my son-in-law arrived to pick up Hazel, he said they decided on a little impromptu dinner and wanted me to come over. After just getting home from three days at the beach, I figured they would be pretty tired and maybe we would have some leftovers but, true to form, they pulled off a delicious meal. We had salmon grilled with a lemon-butter sauce, fresh cucumber salad and corn roasted on the grill. And then for dessert, they went with root beer floats...for some reason they came up as a memory while they were talking on vacation and the kids wanted to do them again. It was a lovely, laid-back evening and now we are on to a new week. I will probably need all week to get back on the right day as I always have trouble when my week starts on Tuesday...but, I digress.

I have much vacuuming in store for me today after having Hazel here for so long but I thought I would take you into the next room before I get started on that. Let's head into the kitchen.



I don't think I could have ever imagined how much the old carpenter's box would be used and loved when I picked it up many, many years ago in an antique store. I seem to always be drawn to old wood boxes of any sort. I use them all over my home...sometimes still as boxes and other times just used as a riser, planter or just a piece of interest. I seem to especially like the ones that you can tell were hand made by someone who might not have had the greatest of carpentry talents but just needed something to fill a need. This month it holds the usual old silverware that was my mom's as well as a few napkin decoupaged plates, coasters, salad tools and the beautiful pot holders made for me by my sister-in-law!


Here is where the pallet sign ended up.






Not really a lot of changes from last year but, even though I know it is hard to believe, I did hold back on the flags a bit. Last year I used every one that I own and even I was a bit "over flagged"!! Lol So now I am off to make a fresh corn salad. Since my daughter and her family have another super busy week and weekend and then head off for two more weeks, they were trying not to add more to their fridge. I happened to be the lucky recipient of that and came home with all of the rest of the roasted corn. I have a delicious Ina Garten recipe that I make many times a summer so I guess today will be my official summer send off. Stay safe and stay tuned.





 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment