decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, May 28, 2022

Bring on the Patriotic Decor!

Well, I have finally gotten it done! The spring decor is down and the patriotic is up...just in time for Memorial Day as well as the 4th! I don't have everything packed up and put away but I do have enough to take some pictures so I thought I would start our tour today.

 Let's start on the porch. I didn't find what I wanted but I did find some red, white and blue (sort of) flowers so the porch is good to go for now.




OK, let's head inside.



Once again my hand written Declaration of Independence is rolling out of my typewriter...lol...and I am still loving the fire cracker I made many years ago!

 

 

 

 





I changed up the blanket chest a bit. This is where I added the new Statue of Liberty picture that I decoupaged onto canvas instead of the "cutesy" sign that used to be there. But, never fear, you will see that sign again in its new home soon.

I don't know why but the little vignette inside the cloche still makes me happy. The vintage picture so closely resembles the Uncle Sam that they could almost have been made for each other.



So that is it for this year's porch and living room...until it isn't. I've still got some time to do some tweaking so if I come up with any brilliant new ideas, you'll be the first to know!

I've got my grand dog with me again as my daughter and her family are out of town for the holiday weekend so I'm off to give her a "comb out". I love this dog so much but boy does she shed!

Stay safe and stay tuned...and have a wonderful holiday weekend.

 






No comments:

Post a Comment