decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 13, 2022

Almost Back to Routine

 I didn't realize how long it would take me to get back to routine after being gone for 10 days, but I'm almost there. I have had some fun interruptions along the way so that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it...can't possibly be that as I get older, I also get slower. Lol

In any case, I am getting antsy to get my 4th of July stuff out and it may be sooner than later so, let's get the show on the road and finish up my spring decor. I think we're ready to head into the dining room now.






As I was looking at these pictures, I realized that I had made a small tweak. I ended up bringing in the flowers from the sunroom (which you haven't seen yet) into the dining room and adding them to the sap bucket on the table. In doing so, I really didn't even realize that now the arrangement more closely resembles the arrangement in the picture...serendipity. Lol I wish I could say that I planned it but it really only happened because I didn't like the way the color of the sap bucket I had in the sunroom looked with the other colors in there!


So that is the dining room for this year.

I think I told you that I have had some happy interruptions this week. Last night was one of them. I got to be there when grandson #2 received a number of awards from his middle school. He got Outstanding 8th Grade Student in Honors History and Outstanding 8th Grade Male PE Student as well as being recognized for his being an Osceola Ambassador and a Gold Feather to complete his three years of Honor Roll and to add to his Osceola "O"...kind of a letterman's letter for academics. I am so proud of him and everything he has accomplished this year.

Of course, at the same time this was happening on our side of town, across town grandson #1, his father and sister were attending a lacrosse banquet at the H.S. where Harrison received his team's #1 Offensive Player and his team's MVP. These are definitely the times that I wish I was able to be in more than one place at a time!



 

In any case, it is Friday and I am planning a quiet weekend as the family will once again be traveling to Jax for a 2-day lacrosse tournament for grandson # 2 and then half of them will leave early on Sunday while the tournament continues and cross the state to get to Crystal River to attend a Boy's State meeting as Har will be attending that this summer. I will have my grand dog here with me while they're gone as the days of all of that travel in such a short time is no longer on my bucket list. Every time I think my girls lead crazy lives, I think back to the days while we were raising our three girls and I remember all of the traveling we did for cheerleading, football games, shopping, tennis matches, etc. It was just as crazy back then but it didn't seem so because I was oh so much younger. Lol

I'm not sure what Hazel and I will end up doing this weekend but I'll for sure be back with more spring decor. Stay safe and stay tuned.









No comments:

Post a Comment