decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Is It Autumn Yet?

Holy Cow! So, this is the time of the year where so many outside things just need some tender loving care. And, since it is just the middle of May, you would think that would be easy to attend to! Not so! Even though the early morning temperatures weren't registering blistering heat, the humidity had to be around 99.9%! I made a list of the most needed...wash the front windows and screens (because when the afternoon sun comes in, it is more than I can handle!), spray the weeds in all of the bricks sidewalks and patios, clean the fountains and tie back the sky vine that is growing like Jack's bean stalk! Most of these areas were in shade in the early morning and I thought I could be fine...I was wrong! I did get almost all of it done - I have one fountain left to clean - but I am a dripping mess and that may just be it for the day!

And so, while I have a big glass of water and try to cool down a bit, I thought I would finish up our spring tour. I think all we have left is the family room so let's head in there now.



I still like the little basket arrangement of flowers and garden hat that kind of mimic the bike basket in the sign.


The shelves on the TV unit got some of the pansies that I love for spring. Since there are some of them in the mantle arrangement, I thought it would help move the eye around the room to bring them here as well and, it also helps make the beehive look more like it belongs. 


I'm still really glad that I made that beehive (or is it a skep?) last year even though it was a bugger to make. And, when I found the download for that tag, it all came together.

So that is my house decked out for spring this year. I have a slew of other things I would like to accomplish outside this weekend but, you can be pretty sure that since I got the windows on the front of the house all shiny clean, we will be having lots of rain soon-Murphy's Law seems to rule in this house. Lol But, that's OK too as I really am getting antsy for something different. Spring has been up a month and I'm ready for a change. And, since green to red, white and blue is pretty much a TOTAL swap out, it will be a long one. I figure if I get it done sooner than later I can say I'm ready for Memorial Day as well. If I remember correctly, there was an impromptu Memorial Day bar-b-que at my house last year so I need to be ready just in case. Lol

I'm off to tackle that last fountain and then I think I will call it a day. Not sure when I'll be back or what the next few days hold, but while I'm gone, stay safe and stay tuned.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment