decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, May 16, 2022

Spring in the Sunroom

 Spring never seems to last long enough here in Florida. We did have a number of beautiful weeks this year but the "open window" kind of temperatures are pretty much gone now. We have had a few deluges but the ground is so dry that they are quickly soaked up and we go back to "crunchy" grass rather quickly. And, to make it worse, I have really been on the go this year so I haven't put down anywhere near the flowering plants that I usually do. The bottom line is that the yard just isn't as lush as it usually is. I'm hoping that with a few days work this weekend I might be able to change that...we shall see.

Let's head into the sunroom although there isn't a huge amount of spring decor in there.

Take note of the purple sap bucket. I really didn't like it in this room. The colors just weren't right. But, I didn't dislike it enough to change it until I hung the silly little smashed can project that I made and then I knew changes had to happen. You won't see the smashed can hanging here yet either as I didn't go back and retake all of the pictures.



So this is how the can ended up. I just grabbed a few flowers that brought out the colors in the napkin and called it a day. This is one of those projects that I really did just to have something to do that day. Lol Definitely NOT in love with it!

And, here is what ended up back on the table. As much as I love the purples for spring, this is one room of my house where they just don't work.

 And, I'm thinking they don't work for me because of this pillow. The pillow and the smashed can go well together so the purple sap bucket lost! In fact, as I look at them more closely as I post, they almost look like they were made for each other. That purple on that bucket didn't stand a chance! Lol

I'm thinking that while we're here, I will take you to the guest bathroom and a quick peek at my bedroom dressed for spring.


It is probably time to update my bedding but, I have two sets of bedding left that I still love. They are both Ralph Lauren sets that I bought many, many years ago. I actually had two other sets as well so I switched out bedding at the start of each season. Somewhere along the way, I decided that that was a bit much. I am down to the last two. I do this one for spring and summer and then the dark burnt orange for autumn and winter. They're both florals and, although I know florals have fallen a bit out of favor these days, I still love them and the way they look with my floral carpeting. If truth be told, this room is way past needing to be repainted but, the thought of moving that huge armoire and the bed with the VERY HEAVY mattress and box spring, keeps me moving it farther and farther down the list. Lol

Not much inspiring about this post but I always like to get them in the journaling "history" so next year I can see what I did and what needs to change.

When I got home, my hydrangeas and gardenias were blooming like crazy. I didn't get a picture of the gardenias but here is the first cut of hydrangeas. When I cut the flowers to bring inside, I usually only cut blooms that are way too long or too close to the ground. The bushes are so pretty when they are full of blooms that I tend to leave more of them outside.


My grand dog is still here so I think I will take her out and give her a good brushing. She loves it and the weather is kind of nice out there momentarily. I just have a bit more to show you and my mind can move to 4th of July. Stay safe and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment