decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 9, 2021

Football Forward!

It looks like this weekend is going to be pretty full of football and all the things that go along with that. We have a Friday night high school game, a Saturday Marion County Youth Football game and then, of course, a Gator game. My brother and sister-in-law are coming to spend the night with me so that they can attend both of the boys' games as well. It is going to be a full but fun time.

With that in mind, I thought I would take you into the family room today as we are not only nearing the end of our tour but we are coming close to the end of my fall decor. I just realized how soon I will be switching over to Halloween...and that is a BIG switch over!

There are a few things different in the family room this year. Those of you who are faithful followers have already had a sneak peek. Here we go.

I'm not sure why, but I love this little window vignette.


Here is where I put the little shelf sitter I made this summer. It is not a favorite but it does help to add one more thing to this very large area of shelving, so I am good with it.

I am still loving the 4X4 pumpkins I made last year. They are so not my style...maybe that's why I like them?!

And here is the little cutie that brought about the change on the mantle. I did a post on this when I made it but it is just an old, foam pumpkin that was headed to the trash. I painted it with chalk paint and added the flowers. I couldn't actually find the flowers I wanted so I made do with what I could find...and that kind of spurred the idea to soften up the mantle as well.



So, here is last year's mantle. I got very excited when I hung the burlap leaves from the lights and really thought I would continue to do that...until I fell in love with the "dreamsicle" kind of colors on the flowers arrangement. That is when I decided to keep the leaves for my Thanksgiving decor and use some of the extra flowers I had on the mantle. These flowers were not inexpensive so I kind of killed two birds with one stone...really couldn't think of any other way to use them so they would have just been sitting somewhere until I did...but, I digress. Lol

And, here is how this year's mantle started out. I was planning to find some large soft orange flowers to add to the mix but never got around to it so when I happened upon the orange poppies in a stash somewhere, I decided to give them a try...and I like them.



I really love this room at night. Once all of the candles are "lit" and the lights are twinkling on the mantle, it is just so pretty. And, of course, there has to be some pumpkin spice scent as well. It is my favorite time of year in my favorite place. Stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment