decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Decision Made!! I Think!

I am probably the only person alive who can agonize so much over a silly little Halloween gift. I think the problem is that I have been doing this for so many years that I have literally made almost every idea out there...and many of the things I have made have been complicated and taken a lot of time. But, I think I have mentioned that even though most of my friends and family still do a lot of holiday decorating, their color schemes have changed a bit and the traditional orange and black are no longer the colors of choice. Don't get me wrong. I still get weak kneed with the traditional colors...and even more so if the decor is vintage but, I am also aware of the changes and I still want to give things that can be used. The other thing is that many of them have also scaled down. Now don't get me wrong again...LOL...I say I have but it really doesn't feel like it because I might get rid of one thing but I always seem to find another as a replacement. But, I digress.

And so, with all of that in mind, I have had a really hard time coming up with something I like and want to make this year. I showed you the first Halloween "leaner" I made but I wasn't sold so when I found the "pumpkin patch" printable, I thought maybe I would try that instead.

I followed the same procedure of printing on tissue and ModPodging onto a piece of old fencing and thought maybe just the hint of soft orange would do it for me. But, it really isn't reading Halloween to me - even though I distressed with black instead of walnut - and, I just don't have the right ribbons for the bow. I haven't glued the bow on yet and I am heading out tomorrow so maybe I will find just the right ones...but, I still don't think I will be sold.



The pumpkin patch sign is for autumn. I am going with the Halloween print. Of course now I have used up most of the wood I had cut so I will need to get out to my miter saw and get busy again. Only I could make a Halloween mountain out of a molehill. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.

P.S. I think I will give the pumpkin patch sign to grand daughter #5. She always decorates her bedroom and I think she will love it. We'll see?!

No comments:

Post a Comment