decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 5, 2020

Where Does the Time Go?

 Wow, it sure seems like a long time since I have posted. I have been having some of the fun that my favorite season affords...lots of time outside, visits from friends, visits from family, decorating, etc. We have had some beautiful cool weather to go along with all of the fun as well.

Those of you who have followed my blog for a long time know that almost every week in October brings another big event to my family. But, with the kids all getting older and living in other places...not to mention all of their other adult responsibilities-not to mention the complications of the virus-I was thinking about the most I could hope for this year would be to have my three youngest grands here for an abbreviated weekend. Did I forget to mention that we also have two football games every week to work around?

In any case...and to make a long story short...my grand children got together without my knowledge and planned to all surprise me on Saturday morning. They all arrived and we took some time to catch up with each other. The kids wanted to do things "like the old days" but, if you know me, you know that that would have taken MUCH pre-planning and shopping. And so, we talked about some things we could do and decided to just go with it and have fun.

That also meant not taking pictures at every turn or making things any more complicated than they needed to be. Luckily, I had the supplies for the ghosts, two of the girls went to the store for food while the other three stayed here and got busy baking some pumpkin donut holes. We decided to make dinner simple, enjoy each other, grab some fast witch pictures...just because the kids have been doing that forever and they just wouldn't give that tradition up. Of course, by the time we got to it it was dark outside and finding a place where we all fit inside is difficult these days...mostly because of lighting but also because of how big everyone is now. In any case, this is the best we could get and I am thankful!




Here is a quick look at the ghosts we made...


...and Caitlin and Presley surprised us with some graveyard pudding.


After pictures, everyone got in their pjs and we all settled in to watch Hocus Pocus. The boys had never seen it so it was fun watching their reactions. It was kind of hard to hear the movie because these seven kids talked to each other non-stop and most of the talking was reminiscing about all of the things we have done over the years. I think they looked at every one of the thousand ( at least it feels like that ) photos I have out and talked about everything they remember from each of those pictures. I have got to say that it did an old Nana's heart good to hear all of the laughter and love in that room that night...I wish it didn't have to end.

The next day, we had one of their favorite remembered breakfasts before two of the girls had to head back to Tallahassee, one to St. Augustine and one to Gainesville. The three youngest spent the better part of the day here and my two grandsons and I went out and made a dent in the work needed behind my fence. What a beautiful family-filled weekend it turned out to be and I love them all so much for giving up their weekends to come visit me. I can't wait until we can do it again!

And, the weekend wouldn't be complete without a football update. It is hard to get pictures with my grandson at his home games because they hustle the kids straight into the field house after the games and don't let anyone down on the field because of the virus but, we were able to get some pictures at their first away game in Gainesville as the boys were heading to the buses and had to walk right past us. Also, since a lot of the family lives in Gainesville we were able to have lots of extra support.





So, that has been my foray into my favorite season so far. I did get my house decorated for Halloween but I still need to finish up the outside. As soon as I get that done, I will start sharing. I changed a few things up this year to make it a bit fresher but, I will admit, I still have a LOT! All four of my oldest grand daughters told me this weekend that they have inherited my holiday decorating gene. They said their friends think they're nuts but they can't help themselves. Like our favorite Mr. Monk would say. "it's a blessing...and a curse". Lol

I no longer have the option of using the old Blogger format so I am limping through this post as I try to figure out the new one and hope that when I hit the "publish" button, it will look something like I plan. We shall see. Stay safe and stay tuned.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment