decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 12, 2020

Happy Halloween!!

Wow. It feels like I have been MIA for a long time...but, for very good reason! I last posted after my wonderful weekend and the start of one of my larger, outdoor projects. Monday brought a new week and lots of catching up to do. Then, on Tuesday, I had a hair appointment and many errands to run.

On Wednesday, my brother and sister-in-law arrived and they came to help me with more of the "heavy lifting" outside. They were here for two days and I can't even begin to tell you how many BIG chores we accomplished! Most of them are things I can still do but they would have taken me three times longer without the extra hands. I will say that the extra heat we are experiencing this year really makes these projects miserable. Usually I am doing the really big weeding and mulching projects in the autumn and spring and the weather is much less extreme than it has been this year. That heat totally wipes me out!

Then, on Friday daughter #2 came down and daughter #3 joined us on Saturday. Almost everything that was on my very long list and not done is now done as well! I'm starting to believe that old adage..."it takes a village". Lol

And so, I am at the start of yet another week and almost at the end of the day. I figure I better get some of the Halloween decor posted before it is time to put up Thanksgiving.

I changed up the front a bit. My old orange and purple "icicle" lights were pretty faded and the little jack-o-lanterns didn't do much for me any more so they are now just a memory. I also got rid of a few signs and kept things pretty simple-just a black lighted garland over the front window, the witch hat door hanger and the eyeball doorbell. Then, of course, the sign that I made so many years ago with the Halloween arbor and tombstones.






Enter if you dare!

My plan had been to move this sign to the family room mantle this year and re-do this vignette. Unfortunately, it is so tall I couldn't find anywhere else it would fit so, back it came.



I still love looking at all of our family costume party pictures.












I changed up the garland and the lights I used to use here. I bought this garland many years ago from Grandin Road and I love the way it drapes and hangs down over the mirror...wish I had more.


So that is this year's entrance. I can't believe how quickly the month is going! I am trying to savor the orange and black as much as I can because I really love it so much. I'll be back soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment