decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, October 26, 2020

Finishing Up the Tour

The big day is right around the corner so let's get this year's tour in the books. I think a quick peek into the two bathrooms and we will be caught up.



I'm not sure why but this shower curtain still makes me smile every time I look at it!







So that finishes up this year's Halloween decor. As much as I love it all, I will admit to looking back on last year's Thanksgiving decor and I'm looking forward to getting it up next week. I wish I could figure out a way to get it up without the days worth of taking Halloween down...just kind of snap my fingers but.....I do love the less cluttered look that Thanksgiving decor brings back after the weeks of Halloween overload. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Halloween but, since I'm home so much more than I used to be, I get tired of looking at the same things and am ready for a change! 

And, on an entirely different note, my lemon tree is once again blowing my mind. Usually I can't wait long enough for the crop to actually ripen on the tree but, this season, it has produced so many lemons that I am able to pick one a day and still have so many more to go.

These are Meyer lemons and, when I buy them at Publix, they are $1.25 each. I love them so much that I will pay that if I must but, this little beauty has so much more than paid for herself! I think I bought it about 3 years ago. It has produced fruit every year but this year's crop has been the largest so far. I have already picked 13 lemons and there are 22 more to go! That's $43.75 in lemons! And, all I really do to it is spray it with an organic spray to keep bugs away and put in citrus tree fertilizer sticks every few months. As much as I love to garden, I am really not all that good at it. I usually just plant things that tend to tend themselves. So I am in a state of dis-belief that this little gem is doing so well. 

And, look how pretty it looks as the lemons are beginning to turn yellow.

If the weather holds out, I have a busy week planned. I'm hoping to squeeze in a few Halloween adventures before the next big game on Friday night. Fingers crossed that the temperatures co-operate. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment