decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, April 12, 2019

Total Copycat!

I know I have told you before that I really don't think I have a creative bone in my body. I love to decorate, craft, sew, garden, paint, etc. but I need to SEE something before I can start! That being said, usually, I will put my own spin on it in some way. This time, I have to admit that I copied this project just as it was presented.

In my defense, the project was so simple that it really didn't leave a lot of opportunity for improvisation. Or, if it did, I didn't see it. I found this cute bunny cutting board on mysweetsavannahblog.com and pinned it to my Easter board...and that was that I thought! The project needed the board-and, since I didn't have any plans of going by the Target $ Spot again, I simply forgot about it.

Fast forward a day or two and I needed to hit Target for a pretty good price on HP ink. And, as I entered the store, there it was...only 1 left and just calling to me. And so, I caved and threw it in my cart.

I really felt kind of bad when I realized I would be stealing using this idea almost "verbatim" from the other blog but then I realized that by not only blogging the project but offering up the download for the words, that is exactly what she meant for us to do. And, I hope I did her proud.


This is really about all you need: the cutting board from the $ Spot at Target ($5), some black craft paint, the Rae Dunn inspired wording (found on the My Sweet Savannah blog site), and a thin brush.


The instructions said to rub a pencil over the back of the words and transfer the letters that way. I must admit that the wood on my board was so hard that no matter how hard I pressed, I could not get a good copy so I turned to black chalk. It worked fine but it is a bit messier. Sorry, didn't get a picture with the chalk as I pretty much had it all over my hands!


Here it is all finished being painted and waiting for it to dry so I could wipe off a bit of extra chalk residue. I was actually considering distressing it a bit-and I still might only because it was also hard to get all of those straight lines straight with the grain of the wood being as pronounced as it was on my board. It looks kind of wavy to me-but for now it is sitting on the counter by some of my other boards and looking so cute and "Eastery"!



Just waiting for my daughter from St. Pete to arrive. Then we are off to Gainesville to pick up another daughter and sister-in-law and we're off to Tallahassee for the weekend. Should be so much fun. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment