decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Road Trip

There has been so much going on lately that I feel as if I have lost a week of April. Somehow I thought Easter was the last weekend of the month and that I still had plenty of time to get some plans brewing. It was only when my girls started talking about it that I comprehended they meant this coming weekend! Yikes.

We all know my house is decorated and ready but I really haven't thought the first thing about food. And, since my son-in-law surprised my daughter with tickets to go see Garth Brooks (because he didn't realize Easter was this weekend either), the kids will be with me all day Saturday. We're going to do some Easter prep...although at this moment, I have no idea what!!

I guess it's a good thing I had such a lovely, relaxing weekend because this week promises to be "full steam ahead". I was even hoping to get my pool deck pressure cleaned and re-stained but a predicted, rainy Friday has put a bit of a damper on that.

Grand daughter #2 is in Alpha Delta Pi sorority at FSU and this was Mother's Weekend. She invited her Nana and aunts as well. Daughter #3 couldn't make it but the rest of us piled into the car on Friday afternoon and off we went.

We spent Friday afternoon and early evening downtown-which is always fun in a college town. Many happenings going on on a Friday evening and we had a front row seat at Centrale where we enjoyed some appetizers.



After walking around and taking in the sights, we hit Table 23 for a late dinner.


We started our Saturday at the sorority where we were treated to a wonderful brunch and enjoyed looking at the house and meeting some of Caitlin's sisters and their moms. And, since this was a house FULL of women, they gave us LOTS of photo ops! Lol









By early afternoon, we were off to Thomasville, Georgia. It is the cutest little town and Caitlin knew we would love it. It is full of so many adorable shops and wonderful restaurants...and the whole town is very seasonal/holiday oriented. I loved all of the decorations in all of the windows.




There were beautiful wrought iron benches up and down all of the streets. Many of them had sculptures next to them. This guy was so realistic, I had to take a second look! He even has a real bowl of water to share with any visiting puppers.


Believe it or not, we got a bit hungry by mid afternoon so we stopped by Sweetgrass Dairy Restaurant for one of their "famous" cheese boards and a glass of wine.




When we got back into Tally, we headed to Cascades Park and the Edison Restaurant. There was a bit of a wait for a table but since there was a music festival going on in the park, we were able to sit and listen to some music before we were called in for dinner.




Caitlin met us for breakfast at our hotel on Sunday morning and then it was back on the road for us. It was a lovely get-away and we were able to squeeze in a little celebration for Caitlin's 21st birthday coming up in a few days.

I am having a super busy week but getting back on schedule and looking forward to our Easter weekend. I also got to go blueberry picking with a friend but I will save that post for another time and show you what I am doing with my "harvest". Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment