decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 22, 2019

Picture Perfect Easter Weekend!

Wow! We had the most perfect weather weekend ever! I wish I could have bottled it...but, none the less, we were outside as much as we could be and savored every moment.

The three youngest grands spent the weekend with me while their parents and aunt and uncle went to see Garth Brooks in concert. I didn't have as much notice on this as I usually do so I was kind of flying by the seat of my pants but we managed to fill the day with fun and food.

I did my usual gathering of supplies.


Also as usual, this one has to do lots of taste testing. We were in charge of making tomorrow's dessert so we're trying our hand at a cookie cake.


Since we weren't doing any crafts this time, I decided to find a different egg decorating technique to try out. I ended up going with whipped cream tie-dye. It had the right amount of messy but we would still be able to eat the eggs. You can do the same technique with shaving cream-and it would be a lot less expensive-but I saw several places that said these eggs were not recommended for eating. We went the safe route. The initial instructions I found had you putting the cream and egg in a muffin cup. We tried this on one and found it almost impossible to roll the egg and color all over it so we moved on to rolling them on a track of cream on a cookie sheet and this worked so much easier. The eggs were a bit slippery to work with but proof that my grand children are growing up-we did not break one egg this year-even with the cream!



And then we headed outdoors to do our favorite traditional method. The temperature was in the low 70s with a slight breeze and not a cloud in the sky!






Here is our whole collection. I just love all of those colors!


Next, our little baker got busy decorating our cookie cake. We made this for tomorrow's Easter dinner dessert.




Dinner was simple-bunny pizza, bramble patches (broccoli) and bunny tails (cauliflower)-which didn't make it to Presley's plate because cauliflower is not her favorite.

I'm not sure what I was thinking when I decided to go for the bunny bottom pancakes and Peep kabobs when I had three kids and myself to also bathe, dress and get to church on time on an Easter morning, but we did it!


The service was beautiful full of all of the old favorite Easter hymns, the choir singing the Hallelujah Chorus and this beautiful flower covered cross!



After church, we went back to Jen's for a fabulous ham dinner with roasted potatoes, glazed baby carrots, a huge spring salad and dinner rolls-not to mention lots of hard boiled eggs! And yes, one of the horses that the Easter bunny brought found its way on to the beautifully decorated table. Lol


I truly don't think I could have had a more perfect weekend. Now I'm gearing up for a week of outdoor work. Just moved all of the furniture off of the pool deck with hopes of getting it all pressure cleaned in the next day or two-I have to work around the pool guy and the lawn guy so one full day just isn't going to happen. And then fingers crossed for the deck staining to happen-it will still depend on the weather. Throw in the elementary school spaghetti dinner, the Spring Sing and art show and a possible baseball game and it promises to be anything but dull! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment