decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The Devil's in the Details

Holy cow! As much as I have gotten accomplished this past week, I still have a list a mile long of "details" to finish up. The big stuff is done!!! Yay! And, big stuff it was! It all took full days and, by the end of the days, I was so exhausted that I let the "little details" slide. Now that I am back up and running, I am checking off my list! Just got in from a lot of garden trimming and weeding and thought I would try to get my spring decor started for you to see.

Spring from Easter is one of the easiest transitions because a lot of the Easter can remain-it's mostly just pulling out the bunnies and eggs. I will say that in previous years my spring decor was mostly just in shades of green as I am not a huge fan of pastels. But, since I found the lavender Luminara candles and love having as much candle glow as I can get at night, I decided to leave them out through spring and keep a bit more lavender in the decor as well as a hint of pink here and there.

Let's start with the living room. I would normally start with the porch, but that is one of my "catch-ups" I had pressure cleaned it and re-stained it and I was still waiting for it to dry when I started snapping pictures-we'll get back there next time.



This sign usually hangs next to the chest but, since I've added the mailbox in that spot, a move to the scale was a simple fix. I love to use a lot of my outdoor garden things in the house at this time of year.


I love my little Welcome sign given to me by my brother and sister-in-law many years ago. They said it reminded them of me taking care of my three "little ones".


I love the pussy willows-something we can't grow here. And, I still love the old porch pieces that I found in a little garden shop in Mt. Dora a long time ago.





Here are the culprits-those lavender candles and their sister candle in the family room made me change my normal spring color scheme. I think the fact that I get my candle light is a fair trade off!





The picture of a nest on the vintage postcard looks exactly like the little nest I found in a cute shop in Alachua. I don't know why that makes me so happy, but it does.




I'm actually pretty happy with myself that I got this far! Last week was a doozy! I got almost EVERY hard surface in my yard pressure cleaned. That is always a huge job because I have the pool deck, circular drive, straight drive, a number of brick sidewalks and lots of low brick garden walls. It is also a job that I got in right under the wire this year. Even though the temperature reading was in the 80s, there was a nice breeze each day I was out there-this week would be another story!

And, the real killer is the pool deck re-staining. This year my brother and sister-in-law came down for 2 days and helped me get that done in so much less time than it normally takes me. They need to remember not to ask me if they can do anything to help any more-haha. After all of the pool work done last year, the deck was a bit worse for wear and this was a big job that just needing doing.

And, of course, it is spring and nearing the end of the school year so the kids have all sorts of extra things going...3 different things in fact...at the same time...and same night! And so, it was divide and conquer. Dad and my brother and SIL went to Hud's last baseball game...and must have brought good luck because they had a huge win!



Mom and I covered the school spaghetti dinner, art show and spring sing.





And poor Harrison just had lacrosse practice so he was on his own-lol.

So that very busy week is now in the record books. While this week's projects aren't quite as grueling, they are definitely keeping me on my feet. Hopefully I will have a few minutes to take a few more pictures and when I do, I'll be back to share. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment