decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 1, 2019

Easter's On Its Way!

Our next stop will be the family room. There are a few changes because this is the first time it is getting decorated for Easter since we did the make over last May. I am still loving how the white brightens everything up and makes it look so much cleaner and fresher.



You can tell by the beach towels hanging by the side door that swimming season has already begun around here this year! Not for me yet but definitely for our younger...and braver...family members.






I love my Peter Rabbit sign. I think this may have been the first pallet sign I ever made. I have pretty much made one now for each season or holiday. I wish I had more places I could use them because I would definitely be making more. There is something about the process that I find calming.


I still haven't addressed the very white canvas that the bunny is on. Still can't find a color that I am willing to commit to so I am guessing that sub-consciously I'm not crazy about this guy just yet.



When daughter #2 came today, she came bearing flowers...lots of flowers. She brought a beautiful bouquet for her sister for the birthday celebration we were doing today and then 2 bunches for me. You see, my birthday celebration was continuing today as well with my birthday request..."strong muscles". I had some heavy duty things that needed doing and it was all just a bit too heavy for me. The family arrived to help out.

Any way, Becky knows how much I love spring flowers and always brings me some when she sees them. This beauty next to my favorite spot in the family room is not only pretty but those hyacinths make it smell like a spring garden! And the irises, tulips and pussy willow...swoon!







And then there is this bunch of pretties in the kitchen! I love spring...and its flowers!!


We not only managed to replace the worn and brittle parts of my gazebo floor but also put in three new privacy fence posts to replace some that were about to tumble and also replaced several sections of lattice on the fence top that were the victims of a large, falling branch. I would take some pictures to show you the fruits of their labors but we are getting some much needed rain today so that will have to wait.

As if all of that wasn't enough, daughter #3 and my oldest grandson whipped up a spring celebration meal fit for an Iron Chef. They made fettuccine alfredo with asparagus, peas and tarragon, romaine salad with snap peas and seasoned pecans with a honey pecan dressing, fresh bread and strawberry shortcake for dessert. It was a lovely day and I am so thankful to have so many willing helpers in my family. We gotta do this more often-wink, wink! Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment