decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

MIA

It seems like FOREVER since I last posted but if you follow this blog, you know that Halloween and everything that goes with it is my favorite time of year and, if I must say so myself, we do it up right in this family.

That being said, I am going to try to catch you up a bit on my life. We somehow managed to get everyone here one more time for our family Halloween costume party. This is the craziest, busiest time of the year and it always seems miraculous when we can actually pull this off!

I headed out of town for a week right after the party-and have much to share from that trip-but let's start with the party. You may feel a bit of deja vu when looking at these pictures because you will see us doing pretty much everything we did last time-we're all just a bit older. It seems that my grand children all love traditions as much as I do and we can never get rid of anything or add anything new. Oh well, if it ain't broke....

We seems to always start with a group favorite-donuts on strings. My girls have been playing this game since way back when they were young and we had neighborhood parties.









Then it is time for the traditional witch pictures. When we started this, we just had our first 4 grand daughters-and they were young. As the "littles" came along we had the babe in arm pictures. And now, they can't even all fit under the trellis. Where do the years go?










Then we were off to eat. The table looked good and the food was plentiful and yummy but somehow I never think to take pictures of that!

And then came our favorite-the big costume reveal. As we all get older and more tired, our costumes aren't quite as intricate as they once were but so much fun none-the-less.











Then we were back outside for the rest of our games-minus costumes as our games can get down and dirty as you will see.















So Halloween party 2018 is now in the memory books but there is still more Halloween to share. Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment