decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Gobble, Gobble!

I seriously can't believe that Thanksgiving is in 9 days and I am just beginning to post this year's decor. I know it is coming a bit early this year but I really do feel that I have been flying by the seat of my pants for this holiday. In any case, things are looking good and feeling calm again. I am always a bit sad when we get to this time of year because I realize that my favorite season is quickly drawing to a close and I truly don't know where it has gone! I do squeeze in a lot of fun times so no regrets but I do think I am going to take the time to stop and smell "the leaves" for the next 9 days before they are replaced with pine...which I love almost as much but, as you know, I have a real problem with change!! Lol

And so, let's get on to Thanksgiving 2018.






I love this little vintage looking sign. I have similar ones for different holidays so when I saw this one for Thanksgiving this year at HL, I knew I had to have it! I still find myself drawn to all vintage holiday decor. I think it just speaks to me of a slower, gentler time.








 And, I'm still loving my rust, tin and chippy wood!











This room is really beautiful at night. It too is now full of the battery candles that are on timers. I love coming into it after dark and being surprised by the beautiful flickering glow. I can't get enough of these things! The candles with the flickering flames really do look real...and so much safer for me to have instead of the real things! My favorites are still made by Luminara but there are other companies beginning to catch up and they're coming out in many more colors as well. The only disadvantage is the lack of scent but, I do keep a few Yankee Jar Candles burning and have lots of wall plug-ins, so I think the pros outweigh the cons.

And speaking of playing catch-up on holidays, I'm just getting around to posting this Veterans' Day beauty. My grand daughter gifted me with it the other day. She knows how much I love hand made things...especially from a grand child...and since she loves art so much, she is forever creating and I am often the recipient of those master pieces! I love it!! You can be sure it will come out for every patriotic holiday!



Hope to be back soon to share some more. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment