decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, November 12, 2018

Mop Up Monday!

I am seriously STILL getting caught up from everything that got left undone while I was gone for a week as well as all of my normal things that need doing! I seem to be moving much more slowly in my old age but, I am hoping that today will at least see all of the bins and decorations back in their rightful places so that my car may once again get into the garage!

Since I am trying to get all sorts of little things off of the list today-in no rhyme or reason order-I thought I might get away with doing this post in the same fashion. I truly didn't take enough pictures while I was gone-guess I was too busy having too much fun-but I want to immortalize those that I did take so I thought you might like to come along for the ride!

My trip started with a stop along the way to St. Pete. Both my daughter and I love shopping so we couldn't possibly drive past Wiregrass Mall in Wesley Chapel without a visit. We fit in all of our favorite stores plus a lovely lunch at a wonderful Mexican Cantina while there. Then it was on to St. Pete and the induction of grand daughter #4 into the St. Pete H.S. chapter of the National Honor Society. This is my fourth grand child to be inducted into this organization but it never gets old-and my first grand son is in the National Junior Honor Society so fingers crossed that it won't be long before I will be watching this induction ceremony yet again.




I spent a week in St. Pete and except for Halloween Day, we were out and about every day I was there. My daughter is a decorator so I got to accompany her to several of her clients and also several design studios to shop for cabinets, floors, faucets, you name it! So many choices...so little time. I will say, my mouth dropped open many times at all of the gorgeous finishes available these days but none quite so much as when we took an elevator up to a client's "condo" and it opened up right into her foyer! I thought that stuff only happened on TV or in movies! Sure was fun seeing how "the other half" lives-Lol!

And, of course, each city we visited had some of our favorite shops and restaurants so we did lots of looking and eating! And, no trip to St. Pete is ever complete without a few hours on the veranda at the Vinoy-which is a short walk from my daughter's home-and the same at Casis. On to the "no rhyme or reason" photos!







Seems like we have a theme going-wine and homemade chips! Please note, these two did not both happen on the same day!


It was an absolutely perfect day for a trip to the Brocante Market, the Outdoor Market and a few fancy, little boutiques in downtown!




And, talk about random...I have long been a fan of "The Little Couple" on TV but, when the family moved to St. Pete, it became even more fun because so many of the scenes are filmed in places I recognize. I finally convinced my daughter to start watching and she loved it for the same reason. And so, one day as we were driving back to her house she turned about a mile early and I wondered where we could possibly be going. It didn't take me long to realize we were going past the family's new home. Sorry about the trash can in the picture. She didn't mind driving me by but she wouldn't agree to STOP so I could get a better shot. Oh well, it still made my day. I am not a "star struck" kind of person but this made me happy. And, imagine my utter joy when my grand daughter told me she was at Chick-fil-A one day while the whole family was eating there!


And then there was Halloween. I have posted many times about Halloween in the Old Historic N.E. in St. Pete-it is a Halloween lover's dream! We usually head out the night before to snap some pictures but many people were still just setting up this year. It seems they like their ideas to be guarded until the very last minute.We had planned to head back out on Halloween night to see the completed visions but, after handing out over 1000 pieces of candy well into the night, we were exhausted and ready to head in and put our feet up. Most of the pictures I got were just up and down Kris' street!

This is Kris' house.









This is the home of one of Kris' neighbors. We went down the night before as they were setting up. It was all the husband's idea and he was like a little kid-he was so excited. They had the movie music booming and all of these dinosaurs moved and made sounds as well. It was definitely a crowd pleaser! Their plan is to add on to the display every year-can't wait to see what comes next!















I really had such a good time in St. Pete and I almost stayed longer but I had also promised my youngest daughter that I would pitch in with the kids while she went on a 4 day trip to Nashville with 3 of her best friends from high school. Due to some sort of a postponement, the Fall Festival was Thurs. night so once the storm clouds moved out, off we went to that. Then, I picked the kids up from school on Friday and we did Peachwave for yogurt and then home for some fun before meeting my SIL and oldest grand son for dinner. Presley spent the night here as the guys all had to be at the football field at 6:30 A.M. on Saturday morning-yikes. She and I made it for an 8:00 kickoff and Har's team won so they are now in the Super Bowl next Saturday! Then, a quick stop at Publix to restock and then back to my house for some more autumn fun. Presley and I did lots of prep for some Thanksgiving shenanigans next weekend as we are not all going to be together this year on the real day-gotta be nice and share the kiddos with the other side of the family every other year.

My one and only festival picture-between watching for storm clouds and watching the kids, this is all I got but they had a fabulous time!



I'm getting many small chores off the list today so I can enter this week - albeit a day late - running. Have a few fun things scheduled already and my house is decorated for Thanksgiving so I promise I will get those pictures posted soon as "turkey day" is fast approaching...and then, we're on to Christmas...and so it goes. No wonder I always seem to be playing catch-up. Stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment