decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Thanksgiving Day is Coming!

Wow, one week from right now I will be finishing up my cooking and be off to Gainesville. Time is moving so quickly but I an fitting in lots of time with family and friends so I am OK with it all! I have an old friend on her way over for another day of talking, shopping and eating so I thought I would try to show you another room or two before I have to leave.



My taste changes frequently but I sometimes amaze myself with how long I can hold on to some things without ever the thought of maybe saying good-bye to them. I would totally expect that reaction with my pilgrim and turkey candles. I have told you the story before. They must have just been a holiday staple when I was young as both my mom and my in-laws always had a set in evidence for Thanksgiving. It just made sense that my husband and I would buy a set for our first Thanksgiving as a married couple 52 years ago...and they have made an appearance every year since. But, the little sign is simply a Thanksgiving card that I sent many, many years ago. I must have had one left over so I slipped it into a frame and it too has made many, many holiday appearances-not sure why-it just does.




As you look around the kitchen, you will see my now antique Publix pilgrims collection. I have the salt and pepper shakers, the spoon rest, mugs and a large platter. I think they also made a napkin holder at one time but I passed on that. It always tickles me when I step into an antique shop this time of year and not only see these "antiques" but the ridiculous prices attached to them. Maybe I should wrap them a little more carefully when I pack them away from here on out-lol.













So that is the kitchen for this year. I hope to be back tomorrow to get a little further along. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment