decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Surprise!

 Oh what a difference 24 hours make! I last posted that I was heading to daughter #3 for dinner and football watching ( and the Bears won so YAY!). And as I left my house, I had one thing on my calendar for the week-my much overdue hair appointment that I had to change because I was heading to St. Pete.

So, when I get to the house, I'm told that my grand daughter's weightlifting match ( yes, out of nowhere, she's taken up this sport and is on her school's team) has been moved to Monday-so now something on the calendar for then. Then, my daughter asks me if I would like to spur of the moment fly up to Connecticut with her on Friday for my grandson's last regular season game. Since Idalia kept me from that trip the last time, I am ready to try again. I'm still waiting to hear if she can clear her schedule but fingers crossed this may happen this time! And, something now on the calendar for that day. And then I remembered that I had offered daughter #2 some help in her yard and in taking down Halloween decor and putting it away that she is still limited from doing while she recuperates from her serious shoulder surgery. That leaves me Tuesday and Wednesday so guess where I will be on those days-I'm off to Gainesville. And, just like that, the week is now full.

And of course, that had me thinking that maybe I should get going on my Thanksgiving home tour because the rest of the month is pretty full after this as well.

Let's start with the porch where the poor mums are looking pretty sad but, I'm hoping the new buds will pop soon-I definitely need to do more dead heading but, right now, that doesn't seem to be a priority. Lol And, some pressure cleaning is also needed-not enough hours in the day! And, take note...the windows have been open all day, every day since I have been home-loving our hint of autumn!


And in we go!












So that is the living room for this year. I truly don't think I changed one thing in this room from last year's decor. I actually really love Thanksgiving and the month of November but, somehow, every year it just seems to happen without me giving it much thought or its due! Each year it seems to get busier and busier and this year is no exception. I still love it but I feel like maybe I should try to do a bit better-maybe next year. Lol It still feels cozy and warm in here and that is what I love about this month-there is a holiday but, except for food, it is a holiday without any other pressures-just family, food and lots of love! 

I still haven't tackled the Halloween clean-up so I guess I can't put it off any longer. I'll see you soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.

P.S. Just had to add my grandson's smiling face after their big win last night! Love # 49!





 




No comments:

Post a Comment