decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, November 19, 2023

A Dining We Will Go...and More

Since I've already done some Thanksgiving grocery shopping and have made my to-do lists, I know that the day is fast approaching. Thinking I had better wrap up our tour pretty soon. Let's catch the dining room and sunroom today.

For some odd reason, I really like this long box that I made out of old wood years ago. And, it makes an easy display for the velvet pumpkins-also from a few years ago. I almost always have some extra wood in storage and I enjoy grabbing some and making whatever I'm in the mood for that day. After a recent walk around the yard, I saw where an old bench I made might need to be replaced-looks like the new year list of to-dos is already beginning.




And on into the sunroom


I have a lot of people ask me why I bother to decorate for Thanksgiving...why not go straight into Christmas? And, that is a valid question...and I might even ask myself that same question every now and then. But, when I look at these pictures, I know the answer. First of all, I just love autumn and I realize that this will be the last chance I will have this year to have these beautiful sights and smells around me. And, perhaps most of all, Thanksgiving is a true family holiday. It is the coming together of loved ones for no reason other than to be together...and eat. Lol Even though there is a lot of food prep, everyone shares the load in our family and we have the whole day-and days before and after-to just visit and catch up. With the ages of my gang these days, there are lots of changes-jobs, relationships, homes, pets, etc. And, of course, we can share these things through media but there is nothing quite like all being together and doing it in person-with lots of hugs...and photos if I have my way! I will be back for one more post before the big day-and the family-arrives. Stay safe and stay tuned.







No comments:

Post a Comment