decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 4, 2023

It's Been AWHILE!

Wow! I've been gone for about 2 1/2 weeks but it somehow feels even longer! I always have fun with my daughter in St. Pete but when Halloween is also involved, it is just an incredible visit with so much going on that it truly is hard to put into words. 

My daughter always plans so many fun things but, since it was such a long visit this time, we also fit in just some down time where we caught up on all kinds of shows and, she did some work for a client as I painted her new concrete planters out around the pool...at least I felt like I was repaying back a bit of the spoiling that she was doing for me! Lol

I think the best way to fill you in is to give you short explanations and then just add the photos which should, by then, be self explanatory.

The night I arrived Kris was excited to have me try out another new-to me-spot within walking distance of the historic district. It is a cozy little "wine bar" restaurant and we tried a few tapas for appetizers and then shared a charcuterie that we were able to "build" ourselves. We tired some new cheeses as well as a new wine and it was all delicious!





My next day started where it always does, on her porch which I love so much. 


One of our real first outings was to find me the "best" lobster roll in St. Pete and I must say, I think we succeeded. We headed to "The Helm" on St. Pete Beach and started with crab fries and then went on to the most delicious lobster roll I have ever had! And then we were off for a massive grocery shopping trip to prepare for my daughter's Halloween dinner party.


Then came a few days of decorating, cooking and cleaning before the big night. I didn't take any pictures at the dinner because, as usual, I was too busy talking and enjoying but her friend shared a few...not great but at least proof that we were there. Lol




We were kind of beat the next day so we spent another quiet day at home before heading out into the Halloween fun again. We walked and drove to see a lot of the decorations.
















We finally "caught our breath" by Monday and were out bright and early to meet family friends at the St. Pete Shuffleboard Club where their daughter is planning her wedding reception and just wanted some extra input on ideas and set-up. Of course I couldn't miss a photo op!

And then we were off for a day of fun. My daughter always wants to take me to new places but I definitely have my favorite haunts as well so no trip to St. Pete is complete without at least a visit to them all...not easy to fit it all into one day but we sure gave it the old college try. Lol

We started with a delicious lunch at a new-to-me-restaurant, Lala.

We had a few errands to run for Kris' clients and then we headed back closer to home to downtown St. Pete. I just love the entire vibe along Beach Drive and I love Cassis. We took a path along the water which I also love so much and then stopped at Cassis for a glass of wine outdoors so we could people watch for awhile before heading right around the corner to Bacchus for dinner.

And yes, another charcuterie for dinner! I think I might have liked this one just a bit more than the first. Whenever a charcuterie board gets delivered it seems like it can't possibly be enough to fill us up when we're really so hungry but I guess because we sit there so long just taking in the ambiance, we never end up even finishing it all let alone wanting anything else.

And then it was finally Halloween. We did something a bit different this year and, instead of giving out candy at Kris' house, we headed off to different friends' houses and helped with the trick-or-treaters there. It was the first time in many years that we were able to get out amongst the tons of people on the streets and it was fun although I think we both decided that we would go back to being at home next year.






And, before I knew it, I was back to reality! And what a reality it was! It was now November and my entire house was still decked out in Halloween. And so, I kind of hit the ground running. I now have all of the Halloween decor down and Thanksgiving is up...everything that gets stored everywhere in the house is put away but I can't say that all of the things that go in the garage have found their way home just yet. Lol


But, that will have to wait until tomorrow because I am soon headed to daughter #3's house for dinner and a watch party for my grandson's Coast Guard Academy football game. He is just a freshman so he has only played in two games so far this year but they are really giving him lots of practice time because he will be taking over a permanent position next year. We just get giddy if we see him in a huddle or even on the sidelines!

Here he is playing defense. We get so excited and scream so loud you would think that he is Tim Tebow but it's just fun to see him on the TV screen.

We love our #49!

Sorry for this extra long post but you know I have to have these things journaled if even just for me. lol Next time I'm back I should have the beginnings of Thanksgiving decor to post and, I have actually found a few Christmas decor items that I've never done before so I think I will be giving them a try and will share the results with you as well. Stay safe and stay tuned.















No comments:

Post a Comment