decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Mother Nature's Apology

 I think Mother Nature is trying to apologize for the two recent hurricanes she has sent our way. Today is just a beautiful picture perfect day! I have been outside most of it and have almost everything back to pre-storm days. I even scrubbed the pool slide because I have learned that like with most things, it is so much easier to maintain it than to have to tackle it once it has gotten away from you. If our evenings hadn't been so cool, I could almost believe it was a swimming day!

I have the busiest week ahead-I think I have something almost every day. Tomorrow daughter #2 and her hubby are coming to "de-Cox" me. There is SO much to this story that I won't even try to tell but suffice it to say that I have paid way too much for a service that has literally NOT worked correctly for years...and no matter how many high level techs were sent to solve the problem, none of them had a clue...and the time has finally come. I am a bit trepidacious because I don't like change but change I will!

And so with all of that said, let's get back to the Thanksgiving tour before the big day actually gets here! We're off to the sunroom.



I'm still loving these silly turkey photo holders that my grand daughters and I made as gifts for family one year. And the picture he holds is of grand daughter #3 as the "letter H' in her pre-school Thanksgiving program. And, need I say that she shined in that role? The best little "H" ever!! Lol And actually that is her with her older sister in the one photo and her with her "candy apple cookie pop" we made one year. What a cutie!!

I liked this better right after I made it but it serves its purpose out here. Lol

Again, the sunroom stays pretty simple...just enough to make it feel decorated but not so much that it takes forever to clear a place to use.

Right before Nicole made her entrance I decided to make a big pot of soup so I would have something to eat on for the week. I had to resist the urge to make my Martha Stewart soup again as I have been wearing that one out so I went for another favorite, Mexican lentil soup that I got from the old show "The Chew". It has a very little bit of heat and lots of flavors.



So that's it for today. Don't know when I'll be back as my son-in-law has to make my computer wireless so my modem can be moved. That really scares me because I don't understand how any of this works but they tell me not to worry...nothing can ever really get lost...it's in the "cloud". Lord help me! Fingers crossed I can see you the next time I want. Til then (?) stay safe and stay tuned.




No comments:

Post a Comment