decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, November 5, 2022

Holy Heat Batman!!!

Call me crazy but I think something doesn't ring quite right when you are dripping wet trying to put away your Halloween decorations! Most of my really heavy indoor decor and all of my even heavier outdoor decor is stored in the garage. Today was the day to get it put up because I was hoping to give my car a rinse and get it back where it belongs after being parked out on the drive and under the trees for the last 4 days! Lots of the really heavy stuff necessitates going up and down the ladder because it is all stored on the top shelves. It is a bit of a juggling act for me just to get it all up and then to get it over the rails of the garage door can be quite a challenge. My phone is saying that the temperature is 83 but it has to be 10 degrees hotter in the garage and the humidity is unbearable! I have a bit more to go but want to take a break so, here I am.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm ready to get Halloween behind me so let's head back to St. Pete and I'll share the rest of my pictures from trick-or-treating and then walking around afterwards to see some of the decorations on other blocks.

My daughter's new rescue, Bennett, made a quick appearance. He was much too excited to enjoy the festivities this year. It was all very new to him...perhaps next year? He looked adorable in his costume but got to enjoy the evening in the comfort of the house.

My grand daughter's dog, Dakota, took the crown! She kept her outfit on all through the trick-or-treaters and the entire time we were out walking later...until about 10 PM. She was the hit of the evening!!



There was lots of smoke being used at a lot of the houses this year. The flying saucer you see in the back of the corn field actually rose up to the roof line and then back down. 
















So that was my Halloween for this year! It is always so much fun down in St. Pete but Halloween really takes the cake. I'm back to reality now and I will be starting to share Thanksgiving soon. Stay safe and stay tuned.















No comments:

Post a Comment