decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

On to the Mediterranean

Off we go to the kitchen. I love my late summer decor in the kitchen because it gives me a chance to use my Mediterranean stuff...and tricks me into thinking maybe I am sitting in an Italian villa...yeah, that may be a stretch but I can dream.

At least I do get a chance to use some of my things that don't go as well other times of the year - or, at least in other decor themes of the year. I also use anything I have that falls into the citrus colored category...urns, olive jars, pots, jugs, etc.







I just realized that I have a whole set of dinnerware that also goes with these colors and feel. I'm not sure why I haven't ever brought it out but, there might be some changes acomin'. Lol






That is it for this year's kitchen...until it's not. Stay safe and stay tuned.


So, apparently, it's not! I had to give these a try. These are hand painted dishes so each one is a little different. I used to display them all of the time. Really can't remember what they did to fall into my disfavor but, they're back and I will enjoy using them until the autumn leaves appear. I have a complete set of white dinnerware always in my cupboards but I enjoy grabbing dishes from the baker's rack to use when I am into my theme dining...which is pretty much all of the time...even if it's just me and I'm eating in the family room. I kind of subscribe to Alexandra Stoddard...everything is better when it is pleasing to the senses...including how it looks! It is just as easy to wash a beautiful plate as it is an ugly one ! Lol That last sentence is a "Dorine" axiom.




No comments:

Post a Comment