decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 13, 2020

Back to Square One!

As much as I am not a fan of summer and, no matter how many times I say "I think this is the worst one we've ever had", this year that statement will go in the record books as a FOR SURE!! As the virus continues to top the charts, I have once again decided to stay close to home and so...I am looking for projects I never even thought about. The good news is that I am not alone as I got this idea from so many others on craft sites I follow. We must all be running short of supplies and grasping at straws for anything to keep us busy! And, since I am STILL waiting for my Mason jar lids to rust, this was my project of choice this weekend...between lovely floats in the pool...oh, and thank goodness for that pool! It is HOT!!!

My "new eyes" caught up with me when I posted my last blog of my front porch. One minute the welcome mat doesn't bother me and the next I am shocked at how horrible and unwelcoming it is. And so, my project began.


Since I love the color of my front door and have lots of that paint left, I used it for the base color on the mat. The paint "took" differently in the two large areas as there is a fuzzy finish that was completely worn off in the area that is solid black. I figure once shoes start walking on it again it will probably even out so I was good with it.


Since I had painted over the whole thing, I couldn't really tell where the original shadowy images were so I just did my own thing. Once again...not perfect but feet coming soon. Lol


So much better...welcome!

 And, for those of you on the edges of your seats, here's where we are...

...kind of like watching paint dry. I will say, they are definitely darker than they were but, I'm wondering if they're rusting or just looking tinted because of the vinegar I'm now using. I literally used up every bit of my 2 quart sized containers of white vinegar and have moved on to my pomegranate red wine vinegar. Since it had a "use by" date of 2010, I'm not too sad to use it up. Lol

 
I think I will give them until tomorrow and then clean them up, give them a quick shot of clear acrylic sealer and get on with it!! If they aren't rusty, they are at least not shiny bright any more...and, for some reason, that seems to matter to me. Lol Stay safe and stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment