decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, July 10, 2020

Ahhhh!

So this is usually the time of year that I begin to think that I may some day breathe again. It may sound silly to be saying that this year with all of the incredible uncertainty that we have around us, but once I make it through the 4th of July, I can trick myself into thinking that I have been to the top of the mountain and it is all downhill from here! And, for me, this year will be no exception. And so, as the 4th of July decor came down, so did my blood pressure. It is amazing how I can seem to trick myself into the same lull every year...sunflowers go up and autumn can not be far behind!

And so, with that, let's get the late summer tour started so I can believe it really IS happening! Lol


Of course I had to move the red, white and blue flowers so I just brought in some yellow mums that are still hanging around from last fall until I venture out again to buy some sunflowers.



When I looked at this picture of the first thing you see inside the front door, I realized that it kind of sets the theme for the whole decor...the wreath holds the sunflowers and the candle introduces the citrus colors that keep popping up as well.













The actual citrus fruit not only accentuates the citrus colors but also takes my mind to the Mediterranean which gives me license to then bring in all of my olive jars and urns and opens up the feel of those countries in the kitchen and dining room as well.





Let's just say it is a good thing that decorating is moving along so well because this most certainly is not! The rings are finally beginning to rust - some way more than others - but, that gives me hope for the rest. The one lid that is really rusty is the one I started with about 10 days ago and I had actually sanded it a bit. The others all seem pretty resistant but, they are going to have a picture glued over them so if I can just get the outer edges to turn, I will be happy. We shall see.


So there you have the beginning of our tour. I will be back with more. Stay safe and stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment