decorating with dodi

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Princesses, Pirates, and Spiders, Oh My!

Good morning all! As I sit here waiting to see what havoc Michael is going to reek on our state (and worrying about my grand daughter up in Tallahassee), I decided I needed something to occupy my time. Since I have been looking through our Halloween photos from years past-no easy task because I didn't go digital until 2007-I decided I needed to make a pictorial history. I didn't quite have it in me to go all the way back to when our girls were little. We have always done up Halloween in this house. Back then, we always started the evening with a big neighborhood party at our house. We played lots of games and ate lots of food-in reality, we were trying to get the kids a bit worn out so that once we headed out trick-or-treating, they were content to call it quits after we hit all of the houses in our neighborhood. It always worked and I don't think they ever caught on!

In any case, this post is a compilation of all of the outfits and costumes our crazy family has worn since the birth of our first grand child. When I look at so many of those costumes, I remember starting to gather their ideas back in August. They always thought I was crazy but if they knew what they wanted to be that year, I ran with it. I hit every sale at JoAnns and begged and borrowed every coupon I could get my hands on. A lot of years I had 9 costumes to get done. I literally wore out my first sewing machine. It stopped dead right in the middle of costume making. My hubby and I headed to our local sewing machine store-no time for research or sale watching-just, "here is the kind of sewing I do. What should I buy?". And I can't even count how many needles I ruined sewing through yards and yards of sequined fabric. Those sequins are glued on so every few seams, you would have to wash the needles with rubbing alcohol to get off the sticky gunk! Oh, what special memories! Lol

In any case, please bear with me as I get this album into my blog history-guess this is my scrap booking style these days! TOTAL picture load ahead!

Hannah's first Halloween she just wore a dress set I made.


On her first year of trick-or-treating, she was a pumpkin but no way was she wearing the hat that I made for the outfit!


































































If you've stayed around this long, I apologize again. I just needed all of these pictures in one place. I'll be back soon with more of this year's decorations. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment